1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my black koup SX w/leather interior 6 speed
what fun too drive after 15 years of driving an auto

true story time-
i've been talking w/a dealer-figured i'd just go ahead and get a red one today....so as i am gathering up all my paperwork to head there-
i said- hell- might as well check one last time.

and there - last one listed on another dealerships web site-
ebony black just staring me in the face.
broke land speed records getting to that dealership

the car it turns out had been posted only that morning a few hours before i hit the site- the sales guy i came in asking for didnt even know it was available ( in fact- the car still had the protective plastic on it in parts)

so while we were settling the paperwork- they detailed it up and off down the highway i went...only to get stuck in a 4 mile bumper to bumper traffic jam......lol....got a lot of practice w/that light clutch and feather light throttle pedal....
but i am happy :)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Like your story the car was 4 you..
sounds nice I'm loving your choice!
welcome to the group!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice sunday drive

since i spent my saturday at the dealer getting my Sxy koup
i decided to spend my sunday on a nice sunday drive

beautiful day in tampa, nice and sunny , hardly any traffic and a full tank.*ended up w/half tank at end of day

highway driving, downtown driving, cutting thru residential areas, over to st pete,drive up bayshore (good winding road w/a lot of road patches to create a lil action on some of the corners, not to mention hotties jogging,roller blading and biking)
then back up thru ybor city- when drat- it started raining....
so taking the good w/the bad- i got to see how my lil SXy handled in the rain-
(nicely- a lil wheel spin on take off, partly from oil on the road and my still re-learning clutch/throttle on this after 15 years of an auto) ((getting better at it :)

did notice the passenger seat belt rattle that has been mentioned
so i stopped by pep boys auto parts and picked up a clip i think will solve that- and a smoked black frame lic. plate holder/cover to replace the crappy black and white plastic ad plate frame from the dealer.

as ice cube says
today was a good day :)

joey

(4 day work week- going to see the rays vs the pedros - day time game w/some folks - can't beat 17 dollar tickets, and one of the guys has a handicap placard which gets us right x street from the gate-other guy has mini van and doesnt drink- so more party time for the rest of us :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts