Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Burn lurking, learning, and posting questions about the Forte GT for about 2 months.

Well...It's finally official. I picked up my 2021 Forte GT2 in Deep Blue Sea on Monday after a 10 min phone call to a local KIA dealer Friday who had whatt I wanted and we agreed on a price in that time. I wish I was more excited picking it up, but I was still feeling the side effects of my 2nd shot (worth the hassle though!).

I am a little surprised on how fast this car actually feels/is. I knew I was going to like and enjoy the performance, but didn't expected to have such a grin as I do while driving it lol. Almost feels like the HP/Torque specs are a little under-rated by KIA.

Don't plan on too many mods except maybe the Takeda Intake (the closed one) with the Dry Filter and overlays for the KIA emblems.

Thanks to all who answered and gave opinions/experiences on questions I had.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I am a little surprised on how fast this car actually feels/is. I knew I was going to like and enjoy the performance, but didn't expected to have such a grin as I do while driving it lol. Almost feels like the HP/Torque specs are a little under-rated by KIA.
SSSHHHHHHHHHHH! Don't want the insurance companies to get wise!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LMAO! Yeah, I was kinda surprised that my insurance is so low on it. Granted I'm almost 50, but was expecting it to be more for the coverage I have.

·
Registered
208 Posts
LMAO! Yeah, I was kinda surprised that my insurance is so low on it. Granted I'm almost 50, but was expecting it to be more for the coverage I have.
Congratulations on your new purchase dude! 🥳 Your looking good and feeling good in your new ride! Tint the windows yet? Chuck some Michelin Pilot Super Sport sneakers on your new ride and you’ll have a smile on your face for a month. Michelin should have called them Super Gummies. Your going to have a lot of fun and good time’s in your new ride dude! 👍

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Congratulations on your new purchase dude! 🥳 Your looking good and feeling good in your new ride! Tint the windows yet? Chuck some Michelin Pilot Super Sport sneakers on your new ride and you’ll have a smile on your face for a month. Michelin should have called them Super Gummies. Your going to have a lot of fun and good time’s in your new ride dude! 👍
Thanks! In Ohio and I don't plan on swapping out sets of tires/wheels for winter and summer so when the time comes I'll most likely go with BFGoodrich g-Force Comp-2 A/S PLUS Ultra High Performance All-Seasons.

Window tint I'm looking into along with Ceramic Paint Coating, but that night be too expensive and I'll just get it detail every year instead.

Have the KIA OEM Hood Deflector coming and will get the Window Visors next. Also have floor mats coming in as well.

I'll probably get the Takeda Momentum Intake as well, just deciding on Dry or Wet filter. Wonder how much of a PITA the filters are to take out.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks! In Ohio and I don't plan on swapping out sets of tires/wheels for winter and summer so when the time comes I'll most likely go with BFGoodrich g-Force Comp-2 A/S PLUS Ultra High Performance All-Seasons.

Window tint I'm looking into along with Ceramic Paint Coating, but that night be too expensive and I'll just get it detail every year instead.

Have the KIA OEM Hood Deflector coming and will get the Window Visors next. Also have floor mats coming in as well.

I'll probably get the Takeda Momentum Intake as well, just deciding on Dry or Wet filter. Wonder how much of a PITA the filters are to take out.
All great choices for mods! I’m going to have to look into a high flow intake system for my ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts