Votes: 13 1.8%
  • Everywhere else

Votes: 48 6.7%
181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Forte 5 EX
40 Posts
I love my Forte 5. I take the best care of her. I bought her factory mud guards and they look great.

·
Premium Member
2021 Forte GT- Currant Red - GT2 Package - Ambien Lights
82 Posts
From Guaynabo, Puerto Rico. Waiting for delivery of my 2021 Forte GT + GT2 + Ambien Lights + Remote Start. Is sitting in my sister's garage in Orlando, FLA. The transport company will take it this Wednesday and the travel starts.

This is an over a year project. Got my Rio 2018 in late 2017. Was impressed by this little car. Then started to get information about the new Forte GT Turbo and asked everyone on the Island, and no one wanted to bring the car to PR. No even de local wholesales distributor.

The real project started in September when I ordered it from an Orlando dealer. Since no bank would finance the car if it going abroad and local banks would not finance a new car personally imported, I ended up paying full and ship it to the Island. I believe got a good deal since the MSRP was $27K and got it for $23.5K. Of course, now have to add about $1.5K shipping/insurance fees and almost $4K in local excise taxes. The dealer took quite some time during the process. In the end, they claim that Kia Motors wouldn't ship the car to PR. Therefore, it was registered in my sister's name. BTW without her, I would never even try to get the car. After taking care of some "rough edges" in the deal it was finally closed in mid-January, but I needed the title. Finally, the title came last week and I started to deal with the carrier. Some others "rough edges" later today received the confirmation that the car will be picked up and shipped this Wednesday. Taking about five days that means I should get my Forte GT in the middle of next week. Oh, but I forgot, I have to go over some other hurdles with the local government (DMV) that should take from two to three days. Therefore ... I might get my car around February 15.

Wish me luck! 😄(y)

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
From Guaynabo, Puerto Rico. Waiting for delivery of my 2021 Forte GT + GT2 + Ambien Lights + Remote Start. Is sitting in my sister's garage in Orlando, FLA. The transport company will take it this Wednesday and the travel starts.

This is an over a year project. Got my Rio 2018 in late 2017. Was impressed by this little car. Then started to get information about the new Forte GT Turbo and asked everyone on the Island, and no one wanted to bring the car to PR. No even de local wholesales distributor.

The real project started in September when I ordered it from an Orlando dealer. Since no bank would finance the car if it going abroad and local banks would not finance a new car personally imported, I ended up paying full and ship it to the Island. I believe got a good deal since the MSRP was $27K and got it for $23.5K. Of course, now have to add about $1.5K shipping/insurance fees and almost $4K in local excise taxes. The dealer took quite some time during the process. In the end, they claim that Kia Motors wouldn't ship the car to PR. Therefore, it was registered in my sister's name. BTW without her, I would never even try to get the car. After taking care of some "rough edges" in the deal it was finally closed in mid-January, but I needed the title. Finally, the title came last week and I started to deal with the carrier. Some others "rough edges" later today received the confirmation that the car will be picked up and shipped this Wednesday. Taking about five days that means I should get my Forte GT in the middle of next week. Oh, but I forgot, I have to go over some other hurdles with the local government (DMV) that should take from two to three days. Therefore ... I might get my car around February 15.

Wish me luck! 😄(y)

View attachment 81645
Do you have this much trouble getting aftermarket parts, like intakes and exhaust kits, to PR?

·
Premium Member
2021 Forte GT- Currant Red - GT2 Package - Ambien Lights
82 Posts
Hi. I really don't know how difficult would it be to get aftermarket parts because I have not yet procured any parts. When needed aftermarket parts, I mostly look from internet suppliers. Once I get the car, I will most likely check for what is available in the local market first and the internet suppliers next. Thanks for asking.

181 - 190 of 190 Posts