Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Royal Purple

Votes: 9 10.5%
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Anyone know what factory oil is?

I've heard that its semi-synthetic, however the dealership in Hamilton Confirms that they use regular 5w-20 oil (cant remember brand name but its nothing horrible or great, i think castrol gtx bulk oil)

I just wanted to know if someone can confirm if factory oil is semi-synthetic or regilar dino oil.

Thanks

-Forte333

·
Registered
427 Posts
why anyone would put premium synthetic oil in a brand new N/A car is beyond me.

IE Royal Purple, Redline.

Your car doesnt need it and it wont perform much better on it anyway, seeing how the engine isnt very demanding at this point.

·
Registered
973 Posts

Your car doesnt need it and it wont perform much better on it anyway, seeing how the engine isnt very demanding at this point.
the hell does being brand new and naturally aspirated have to do with using synthetic? why wouldn't you use synthetic?
they last longer, have better low and high temp performance, prolong engine life, and possibly even improve mileage. We don't have a rotary engine and we aren't running leaded fuel, so why wouldn't we use a full synthetic oil?

·
Registered
144 Posts

This is the reason I'll be using Royal Purple syn. in the engine and trans next oil change. Performance, no its only a fluid exchange. Efficiency and quietness, and chance of helping smooth out the trans when cold is a good enough reason to give it a shot.

This Dodge obviously has way more rotational drag then our Forte's, but...

·
Registered
585 Posts
First let me say - Yes synthetic oil does offer extended lifespan properties vs dino oil. However, to actually benefit from the extended lifespan properties of synthetic oil you would have to neglect doing oil changes for a considerable amount of time. It is only then that you would actually use the extended lifespan properties of synthetic oil. Most of us do regular oil changes on a regular basis - so synthetic would not benefit us at all. Your new engine will not run better with synthetic, you will not get better gas mileage, nor will you prolong the engines life. Unless you are willing to 'not' change your oil for a long time to actually harness the extended lifespaning properties of synthetic oil, then its a waste of your hard earned money. Now if you lived in extremely cold temperatures year round - then synthetic oil might be beneficial in some cases...but again...99% of us do not live under extreme cold conditions. If it were so great- don't you think our car manufacturer [KIA] would ship every new car with it so that they can reduce the amount of engine failures that they have to make good on [for 10 years] while under warranty? The already know what I am telling you - it won't benefit us. Sorry to bust your bubble but that's the truth. I am amazed when I read the reviews " I love Royal Purple - my engine never had a problem with it"...that statement holds no credibility. His engine would not have had a problem with Mobile 1 or Castro dino oil either. Thats like me saying my insurance company is really good - because I never had an accident. Oh yeah that makes sense. Royal Purple and Mobile 1 must be laughing all the way to the bank when people pay $8 bucks a pop for something they will never actually use meaning 'the extended lifespan properties' of synthetic oil.

·
Registered
144 Posts
When I start using RP synthetic I'll be doing two changes a year, one for summer weight and one for winter weight, with about 10-15k kms on each grade. That's cheaper then running conventional at 3-4 changes/year. I also see -30*C for about ten weeks a winter, so anything helping cold weather starting and operation is worth it.

Kia's engine warranty is 5 years, fyi. Kia is simple and economical, they don't need to ship with synthetic.

People will say "my engine runs smooth and flawless on synthetic'', "my engine runs smooth and flawless on dino". We have different ways of justifying things for ourselves, which is why there are sooooooo many opinions on oil. Neither choice is right or wrong.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Pretty sure Kia's engine warranty (at least in the states) is 10 years. Main reason i got it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Anyone know what factory oil is?

I've heard that its semi-synthetic, however the dealership in Hamilton Confirms that they use regular 5w-20 oil (cant remember brand name but its nothing horrible or great, i think castrol gtx bulk oil)

I just wanted to know if someone can confirm if factory oil is semi-synthetic or regilar dino oil.

Thanks

-Forte333

Okay so once again anyone know what factory oil is?

Just curious as I know for fact Kia Dealership in hamilton uses Dino oil, and like i said above i always thought fortes came factory with semisyntheic.

Anyone?

-Forte333

·
Registered
973 Posts
royal purple is garbage from everything I've learned about it. when i said "extended life" I just meant it would be in better shape when it was time to change your oil (via the recommended amount of miles before change)
Synthetic oil lubricates parts better in high or low temperatures, provides for better starting in both extreme temperatures, and makes your car run more efficiently. Easier lubrication=less force required to create work=more power because your car is running more efficiently.
Synthetic Oil is more efficient than dino oil. More Efficiency=More Power, always.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.