Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says what car did you come out of before you bought your 5?

Personally I came from a V-8 Dakota Quad Cab. I was looking for something much smaller and had relatively decent fuel mileage.

I did seriously look at a 2011 Elantra. I liked the features and fuel economy not to mention the price and styling of the car. I drove 2 of them from a couple of dealers....but in the end the entire driving experience was a bit soul crushing to be honest...it just felt ordinary....nothing bad...nothing good.

The 5 seemed to have fit the bill. I retained some cargo room, and the car is much sportier than the Elantra. True I did give up fuel economy by getting the Kia, but I think the choice was right.

The truck was starting to show some serious mechanical issues though (needed wheel bearings, power steering rack, and other suspension work), and I was able to dump it before fuel prices spiked up to where they are at now. I also decided on Hyundai/Kia because after owning all domestic (Ford, Chrysler, and GM) vehicles I think it was time for a change. I loved my old Dakota (it was an 02) and the 06 (traded the 02 for the 06), but the new one certainly left a sour taste in my mouth. My Neon will most likely have the same destiny as the Dakota by the end of the year, twice on a tow-truck from the side of the road within this past month officially took them off my list until quality improves.

·
Registered
344 Posts
2006 Kia Sedona- it's going to be a tight fit.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
My Forte was my first car, but I drove my mom's 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan SE and my dad's 2007 Sonata Limited.

·
Registered
733 Posts
lol i rolled around in a gold 2002 chrysler sebring convertible

·
Registered
344 Posts
lol i rolled around in a gold 2002 chrysler sebring convertible
Wow one of the worst cars I have ever ridden in. I had a co worker who bought a new one when we were working a region together. The first road trip we took I popped the passenger visor down and the clip snapped in half. He was like " oh the dealer will fix it" So it lazy hung up there the rest of the week. Just a sign of that great chrysler build quality. It was loud, heavy, and hard to keep in a straight line lol.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Wow one of the worst cars I have ever ridden in. I had a co worker who bought a new one when we were working a region together. The first road trip we took I popped the passenger visor down and the clip snapped in half. He was like " oh the dealer will fix it" So it lazy hung up there the rest of the week. Just a sign of that great chrysler build quality. It was loud, heavy, and hard to keep in a straight line lol.
LOL i know, it felt good driving around in a car that maid it in the # 2 of the top 10 worst cars hahaha :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
lol

a 2001 dodge ram 1500 4x4 with the 360 v8magnum n 33inch tall tires lets just say about 5 to 7mpg ..lol ..i was like f this im going to get a forte koup..n so glad i did cause i love it it the best car i ever had n its my 11th car lol n i started driven at 16 n im 22 now lol:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
05 Sedona.Wanted something smaller as kids are leaving nest.We were looking at a Rondo but liked the Forte 5 better.

·
Registered
154 Posts
lol

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass. It will be interesting to see what choices Ill have in 2030.
i kno what i will have ...my koup still...n hopefully they will make an awd verison by then

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I traded in my 2000 BMW 528i with manual tranny and sport package. My new job pays for my car, but it must be 5 years old or newer. The Bimmer was a great car, but there was ALWAYS something wrong with it. The Kia is doing a great job so far.

·
Registered
638 Posts
a 95' Dodge Avenger, the first ones ever to come out with the completely base everything, and A/C was an added option on it haha. Once I drove the Forte I realized how horrible my car really was.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm kinda in the same boat as boostedscooby. My last car was a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3. The Mazda is a great car, and I'd recommend one to anybody, but the mileage was starting to get me nervous. I flip cars aften, and the milage was my excuse to jump. The styling on the Mazda also never grew on me as I had hoped it would. The Mazda was visually "too busy" with all of the creases/scoop/spoiler.

I agree that Peter Schreyer (is that spelled right?) did a great job on the Five's styling. Very clean and sophisticated look. At this point (300 miles), driving the Forte is better in some areas and not far off others compared to the Mazda.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts