Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people will hand wash their car but its real tough for me to do this in the building that I live in.

My car had a few months worth of dirt on it and I went to the Toucless Simonize wash at Canadian Tire as I heard good things. While the car came out shining from a distance, it did a poor job removing the layer of dirt.

So my question is, does anyone go to the soft cloth car washes? I am worried to go anything not touchless especially with the shark fin on top of the Koup. Can any reccomend any good ones in the GTA?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Unless i just did a long trip in the winter and my car is covered in salt spray i avoid car washes like that. I just don't like the idea of a pressure washer on my car.

I know it's hard if you live in an apartment building and in the winter, but if you can try and find a place with just a normal hose and do a thorough wash.

I'm lucky in that my father's garage has drainage so when it's winter we just crank the heat inside and wash it just like normal.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The color of your ride depends a lot as well. Red or Black is a no no with the brush washes as they will leave scratchy swirls.

My last car was bright red like my Koup and I always took it to one of those detail carwash places and paid $30 a pop. Still ended up with swirls.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
If it's the winter there's nothing I can do but go to the touchless washes. Quickly dry the car drive home and throw on some Meg's Quick Detailer and call it a day.

Summer time if you don't have access to a hose and so on. What you can do is go to those car washes where you put in money and get to spray it for a bit. Go at night on a weekday so you can take your time to dry and wax it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The color of your ride depends a lot as well. Red or Black is a no no with the brush washes as they will leave scratchy swirls.

My last car was bright red like my Koup and I always took it to one of those detail carwash places and paid $30 a pop. Still ended up with swirls.
+1 yesterday I was washing my car and after I was done, gave a look at it... and I saw a LOT of swirl marks on the whole car. Guess if there's no touchless carwash here and I wouldn't be able to pay $30 either, there's no point in not doing it myself...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts