Kia Forte Forum banner

What Colour?

2K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  KSean 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am new here although I have been nosing around for a while.

I am thinking about getting the Koup ex with auto gearbox..........

I have always wanted an orange car but I also really like the electric blue.......

If you guys who already own one could do it again what colour would you get?

Thanks

#3 ·
If I had a choice, I'd have a black 2011 Koup SX with 20% tint.

#5 ·
noodile - boo!! lol. i do like the blue ones though.

#8 ·
yep the white look nice too!!!!
decisions decisions!!!!!!

Question For the guys on here, which way around would you do it........
Would you Ask the wife for permission to by the car or buy it and hope she doesn't notice the monthly payments and the different car????

#10 ·
Would you Ask the wife for permission to by the car or buy it and hope she doesn't notice the monthly payments and the different car????
Dude! Not sure how long you have been married or how you guys work the finances, but from my experience NEVER try to pull one over on the wife.
You shouldn't have to "ask permission" either. You should discuss it. My wife has talked me down out of many an impulse purchase.

17 years this week.

#9 ·
They only made the Burnt Orange/Kopper the first 6 months of production. Going to get harder and harder to find, and you will be getting a 2010 with out all of the nice 2011 improvements.
I bought Kopper (had it delivered from Chicago to St. Louis), and would buy it again.

#11 ·
Don't impulse buy unless you are buying it for her. Even then only if you know she really wants it and the money side isn't an issue.

The color is the one thing about my car I don't question. Of the koups it was either going to be silver or black and I didn't want a black car. Love blue and the orange has grown on me but didn't want either for my car. Regardless of which car you get you will eventually wish something was different. Bought an auto what I wanted after reading about the hard to shift manual, now I wish I had driven and possibly bought the manual instead. Sometimes I wish I had waited and bought a 2011 Tech Package Koup, just remind myself that I saved a few thousand by getting my car, didn't need GPS anyway.

#12 ·
LOL......
I was only joking about not telling the wife...... We have been together 20 years now.
I have talked over getting another car with her for a few months now as my 2004 sebring has seen better days..... currently needs about $1000 worth of work to make it last for a few more years.
I do want to get the koup, and the thought of a brand new one sounds really enticing especially as there doesn't seem to be any used ones available in my area...... but taking the plunge into $20,000 debt is a bit scary!!!!

#14 ·
aquatame - thanks! mine and other fellow forum forte's have a rare color. just mix the blue and orange together! lol j/k

#16 ·
I would buy my orange in a heart beat again...Actually thinking of getting a matching Sportage for the winter...LOL...I had my choice of white, titanium or orange....

I am glad to be different....but in all truth if I had my way I would repaint my whole car...the Grabber Blue from the mustangs....with the black accents...who knows maybe one day...

#25 ·
I have owned a number of white cars. I like
1. The visibility of a white car, fewer accidents because "I didn't see you"
2. They always look clean - even when they are not
3. White looks great with the piano black front end and the rear diffuser
4. White is a good contrast to the standard silver / black alloys

My 2c worth

#26 ·
Once you go black you never go back!
IMO nothing looks cleaner then a freshly hand washed black car. Only downside is they are hard to keep that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.