Kia Forte Forum banner

What color is your coolant?

• Green

• Pink

• I'm too lazy to look

• SHHH Stop asking questions, they're watching....

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
For those that got pink like me, what type/brand are you buying or did you have them switch it to the green. When i called kia and my dealership that i bought it at, they told me it should be green. It clearly isn't, so just looking here to see what you guys have done. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,134 Posts
For those that got pink like me, what type/brand are you buying or did you have them switch it to the green. When i called kia and my dealership that i bought it at, they told me it should be green. It clearly isn't, so just looking here to see what you guys have done. Thanks again!
I'm thinking that the coolant is red - not pink, Please ask your dealer to insure you get the correct fluid.

Here's why I think it is red: UPDATE: CORRECTION - It is PINK!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Called dealership and they said it is pink antifreeze for sure. My question is what kind/brand did those with pink antifreeze get?i see a zerex asian red but the dealer said pink and i dont see anything at local napa thats actually pink. I asked the dealer if this was a H-OAT with sulphate and they said they didn't know. Any help appreciated guys. Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,134 Posts
Called dealership and they said it is pink antifreeze for sure. My question is what kind/brand did those with pink antifreeze get?i see a zerex asian red but the dealer said pink and i dont see anything at local napa thats actually pink. I asked the dealer if this was a H-OAT with sulphate and they said they didn't know. Any help appreciated guys. Thanks!
See if a parts store in your area sells this brand:

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Thank you a ton, that is one i found i was considering!
If you purchase it - make sure to check it against the fluid in your car. Make sure it matches the color exactly.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I have pink in my 21 FE and it will soon require a top up. What do I use? I got pink/red Asian Vehicles Peak stuff, but it’s red while the stuff in my car is clearly very pink. View attachment 84028
Original from the car on right, new bottle stuff on left.
View attachment 84029
I'd check with your dealer to be sure.

Red coolant is listed as Organic Acid Technology

Pink is listed as Phosphate enhanced Organic Acid Technology.

Your pictured carton shows it to be more for pink coolant.

Sure is nice of the car and coolant companies to make this so easy...<sarcasm>

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte EX
8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
You guys really need to stop fixating on coolant colors as though they're meaningful. They are not. My previous Dodge Dart used OAT coolant meeting Chrysler Material Standard MS-12106. You could get coolant in several different colors that met MS-12106 (mine came with bright pink coolant, and over the years I topped it up with aftermarket OAT coolant that was fluorescent green like IAT and bright orange like HOAT/Dex-Cool). The Mopar OEM MS-12106 coolant that you buy at retail and is specified for the Dart is purple. So even the OEM wasn't using the same color coolant for manufacturing and for service. OAT coolants, in particular, are a colorful bunch.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I dumped out my coolant. Mostly because it doesn't get cold enough to freeze in Southern California and when it does its overnight only as it will warm up to at least mid 50's on the coldest days.

Anyway I wanted superior performance to keep temps right around where the thermostat opens generally around 190 degrees.

VP Stay Frosty.

It works as advertised, keeps coolant temps right around 200 degrees and not much higher.

I will post some logs from Rocky Mountain Race Week very soon, especially the ones from Texas Motorplex since it was 103 ambient.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT Manual
18 Posts
This is really annoying me. My 2021 Forte GT Manual that was built in the Monterrey Mexico plant on 11/2020 has pink coolant. I have not seen a single other GT with pink coolant, it looks like everyone else got green. I have no idea why mine is different. I work in a manufacturing plant, and I suspect I got the cost down coolant due to supply issues. I am trying to figure out why or what the difference is. Please look at the sticker inside the door frame and see when your GT was built, where it was built, then pop the hood and check what color coolant you have. I really want to figure this one out.
I have a 2021 GT Manual and my coolant is pink. You can see it in the corner.
Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive air manifold Hood

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT DCT Black
51 Posts
Definitely appreciate your concern here! I used to try to keep a 13B with 19psi cool which had a massive radiator w/fans, a FMIC, and dual oil coolers. I still had to run water wetter on a 2 bar cooling system and my AFRs would would have to be 8:1 at boost over 5K. The entire exhaust manifold, turbine housing, wastegate pipe, and about 3 feet of the down pipe would be red hot and the car would shoot crazy flames! Nasty business. Then I bought a Silverado and it had a strange brown sludgy coolant that I thought for sure was bad, but turned out to be great! I wouldn't be too concerned unless you're able to get your GT hot, even then just upping your system's pressure should suffice. Most straight coolant won't out perform pure water, but by design it's added for lubricity, anti-corrosion, and of course anti-freezing.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I know my 2010 kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT isn't a GT. What Antifreeze/coolant for Kia/Hyundai & Asian do I use?

I've been reading for hours now about the color doesn't matter & color does matter.

Mixing colors can cause damages. Mixing colors can thicken/coagulate making it difficult, hard & shut downs.

Mixing colors doesn't matter & people should stop freaking out, chill out & stop being anal. It's all color dye for leak detection. Ok, cool for using dyes for leak detection.

The ingredients is what matters.

I'm not gonna gambit my vehicles on chance & cavalier mentality.

When I bought my 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT the original color was pinkish/pink, grapefruit color. I read my owners manual (Ethylene glycol coolant for aluminum radiator). Joined Forteforums.com & have since day 1 used Valvoline with Zerex 50/50 Prediluded Antifreeze/coolant.

Gas Font Circle Logo Advertising
Liquid Fluid Font Gas Electronic device
Font Parallel Rectangle Number Document

41 - 60 of 69 Posts