Kia Forte Forum banner

What color is your coolant?

• Green

• Pink

• I'm too lazy to look

• SHHH Stop asking questions, they're watching....

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Question:

From what's available at the local Autozone, O'Reilly's, advanced auto parts, Pepboys, Napa, Carquest & Walmarts. Which one is the equivalent Antifreeze/coolant for my 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT to use?

I drove to 4 Autozones, 4 O'Reilly's, 1 advanced auto parts, 1 Napa, 1 Carquest & the only Walmart that's not 35miles away.

My Walmart, 2 Autozones, 2 O'Reilly's, 1 advanced auto parts, 1 Napa are 3miles & 14miles away.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
These are what's on their shelves at all the locations I drove to.

Blue Zerex Valvoline
Honda, Hyundai, Nissan, Subaru.
White Blue Light Product Azure
Liquid Light Product Blue Fluid

Green Zerex Valvoline
Hyundai, Kia, Nissan, Mazda.
Green Light Liquid Rectangle Personal care
Green Liquid Light Product Fluid

Red Zerex Valvoline
Toyota, Lexus,Scion.
Light Liquid Fluid Rectangle Red
Light Liquid Fluid Material property Font

All three state on print & label the same wordings & statements. Even though the fronts state different Asian vehicles.

Counter cashier told me to use blue Valvoline Zerex 50/50 Prediluded Antifreeze/coolant. The idiot at ...... told me the blue Valvoline Zerex is for mini cooper. My daughter said "no these 3 are not for European, those at the bottom are & the cooper is BMW" he left with an attitude. The woman parts cashier over heard & yelled to get the Green Zerex.

We ended buying 2 of the red Zerex Valvoline instead since pinkish/pink is what's been used in my 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT from day one.

Is it imperative & absolutely paramount to use/switch to Green Zerex Valvoline 50/50 Prediluded Antifreeze/coolant?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
Stuff that drives owners crazy:

Font Screenshot Material property Software Technology

What's the point in having different colors if it's all the same ingredients?!?!

Azure Rectangle Font Electric blue Parallel

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Liquid Bottle Fluid Personal care Gesture
Liquid Bottle Drinkware Fluid Solution
Liquid Bottle Fluid Cosmetics Packaging and labeling
Liquid Bottle Cosmetics Fluid Purple

The Valvoline Zerex 50/50 Prediluded Antifreeze/coolant on the left is what I've used since day one of purchase from friend & what was in the radiator & used.

The one on the right is the same color & states on the back Kia, Hyundai though on the front it states Toyota, Lexus, Scion.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
The Valvoline Zerex 50/50 Prediluded has been out for a week at my local Walmart. Since I'm changing all the fluids on my 2010 Kia SX 2.4L 6MT all I have left to finish is the Antifreeze/coolant. It's been on 4 jackstands since Thursday. Not enough time sh*t gets in the way, & my the closest Kia dealership is 35miles away. You'd be effing surprised on how difficult it gets when trying to find crush washers for engine oil drain bolts, transmission drain bolt & transmission level check bolt..

NONE of the near me Autozone, O'Reilly's, advanced auto, Napa, Carquest, Pep boys, Walmart, Ace Hardware, Home depot & TSC (tractor supply company) DIDN'T HAVE THE CORRECT SIZE ESPECIALLY FOR THE MAGNETIC TRANSMISSION DRAIN BOLT🤬🤬🤬🤬

I drove (7miles) from me Nissan, Toyota, Honda Ford & Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealership.

Found the crusher for the magnetic transmission drain bolt & crush washers at Toyota. Now I know for next time.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
The colors are not supposed to be the same ingredients:

Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Web page Advertising

As far as the oil pan plug aluminum crush-washers - I buy my filters 3 or 6 at a time from my Dealer or Wal-Mart (YES, Hyundai/Kia brand Filters!) and they always include the plug washers.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
The colors are not supposed to be the same ingredients:

View attachment 84408

As far as the oil pan plug aluminum crush-washers - I buy my filters 3 or 6 at a time from my Dealer or Wal-Mart (YES, Hyundai/Kia brand Filters!) and they always include the plug washers.
That's what I've read on. Mixing colors is not good & will cause thickening/coagulation of the Antifreeze/coolant.

From just online, on Forteforums.com & Kia-hyundaiforums.com & other automotive sites, there are those that state there's nothing wrong with mixing colored radiator fluids.

I ended up using Valvoline Zerex Red label pink fluid

·
Registered
305 Posts
Not sure why this is a debate.

Whatever is in the car is effective, color has little to do with it.

If all you do is drive the thing to and from work, whatever is available at the auto parts store will work.

What I have done is effective in making the car as consistent as possible which is important in racing, yet it doesn't compromise what coolant is suppose to do.

It cost more and it's not anti-freeze.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts