Kia Forte Forum banner
  • Question of The Week Is LIVE In The Off-Topic Section!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious what people paid for their Koups and whether or not there is any point in getting a CCC report to save a few hundred if at that! I read the Kia markup is only a few hundred so there's very little bargaining margin.

I had previously looked at a Genesis Coupe and the experience I got from that was Hyundai is not really keen on playing the negotiation game so what price they set is pretty much what most people could realistically get.

How was your Koup buying experience? I'm looking at an SX and would like to take advantage of the 0% on the 2010 before it expires at the end of this month.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
98 Posts
i got them to take $1500 off and then add in a rust package and the body kit and spoiler, so all in all i saved $3000, and that was with a $19,670 (w/o body kit, spoiler, etc), so i pretty much paid 16,500 before taxes and other nosense money making, and i have a SX auto

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got them to take $1500 off and then add in a rust package and the body kit and spoiler, so all in all i saved $3000, and that was with a $19,670 (w/o body kit, spoiler, etc), so i pretty much paid 16,500 before taxes and other nosense money making, and i have a SX auto
Thanks for your comments but I'm trying to gauge the local dealers here in Greater Toronto Area.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Never bought Korean before but I guess the dealer offering the best price gets my business.

Where did you go and how much did you pay?

I got mine from Plaza Kia off the 401 and Dufferin if i remember correctly.

I have the sales persons contact info if you want it.

I got the 4 door SX auto.
23,500.00 out the door on the road taxes + license plate fee included.
2010 model.

+Rust proof
+Spoiler
+All weather mats.

I think I saw an ad somewhere online for a Kia dealership in brampton and they are offering SX koup for 18 or 19ish but then you add tax, and fees, blah blah you'll look at 22ish out the door.

Honestly if you can wait till the end of the month to buy, and if you get your car for less than 22grand out the door you got a steal.

I wanted 23, but 23,5 was the best I could get, every other dealer in my area (Hamilton) wanted just over 25g

so shop around.

-Forte333

Edit. I also traded in my 96' Rolla (base model manual everything no ac auto), again all other dealership wanted just over 25g+ my corolla.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Never bought Korean before but I guess the dealer offering the best price gets my business.

Where did you go and how much did you pay?

Well Ill be honest, I found the cheapest price at Yonge & Steeles Kia, thats the one closest to me, but I wasn't impressed by their service station, and they weren't a part of carnation, which owns 2 delearships, one at 401 Dixie, the other at Eglinton Scarborough Kia. Carnation gave me free oil changes for life, along with other things, like electronic rust proofing, tradein value, 1000$ off from extended warranty, paint protection. All that was around 24K, but got it reduced to around 23. This is the 2010 Koup SX model. @ Yonge-Steeles it was around 22, and that price they gave me, coz I told them that Im shopping around, and I saw a bunch of other good cars, 2011 VW Jetta, 2010 Scion TC.. Yeah they just wanted the business.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got mine from Plaza Kia off the 401 and Dufferin if i remember correctly.

I have the sales persons contact info if you want it.

I got the 4 door SX auto.
23,500.00 out the door on the road taxes + license plate fee included.
2010 model.

+Rust proof
+Spoiler
+All weather mats.

I think I saw an ad somewhere online for a Kia dealership in brampton and they are offering SX koup for 18 or 19ish but then you add tax, and fees, blah blah you'll look at 22ish out the door.

Honestly if you can wait till the end of the month to buy, and if you get your car for less than 22grand out the door you got a steal.

I wanted 23, but 23,5 was the best I could get, every other dealer in my area (Hamilton) wanted just over 25g

so shop around.

-Forte333

Edit. I also traded in my 96' Rolla (base model manual everything no ac auto), again all other dealership wanted just over 25g+ my corolla.
Thanks for the offer but I'll start to call around the last week of Nov. and see what I can get.

Like you said, if I can get it for 22k OTD, that would be great. I plan on financing so I expect that to inflate somewhat.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well Ill be honest, I found the cheapest price at Yonge & Steeles Kia, thats the one closest to me, but I wasn't impressed by their service station, and they weren't a part of carnation, which owns 2 delearships, one at 401 Dixie, the other at Eglinton Scarborough Kia. Carnation gave me free oil changes for life, along with other things, like electronic rust proofing, tradein value, 1000$ off from extended warranty, paint protection. All that was around 24K, but got it reduced to around 23. This is the 2010 Koup SX model. @ Yonge-Steeles it was around 22, and that price they gave me, coz I told them that Im shopping around, and I saw a bunch of other good cars, 2011 VW Jetta, 2010 Scion TC.. Yeah they just wanted the business.
The only Carnation I'm aware of is the one that makes baby products. :)

I'll put them on my short list of dealers to call and specifically mention this to what effect I don't know but every little bit of help is appreciated.

Thanks for the replies so far; I'm hoping to be in a new car around Xmas time; that would be the ultimate present from me to myself :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
dont go to 427 kia.. worst follow up ever.. the dealer still owes me money.. its like taking candy from a 16year old

·
Registered
105 Posts
Correction Car Nation owns a bunch of Kia Dealerships, However Scarboro Kia is not one of them I should no I work here, we pride ourselves on Customer Service, they pride themselves on volume. Car Nation dealers are 401 Dixie, Oakville Kia, Kia of Hamilton, and Georgetown Kia.

Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
431 Posts
Correction Car Nation owns a bunch of Kia Dealerships, However Scarboro Kia is not one of them I should no I work here, we pride ourselves on Customer Service, they pride themselves on volume. Car Nation dealers are 401 Dixie, Oakville Kia, Kia of Hamilton, and Georgetown Kia.

Cheers,
Rob
Sorry Rob, but I was under the impression that Scarborough was one of them, because I recently went down to your parts department, and they told me I can use my carnation card there for oil changes and such. However I seem to be wrong, but I appreciate the input :). Btw, I like your service department, friendly people, Dixie is always busy :(.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sorry Rob, but I was under the impression that Scarborough was one of them, because I recently went down to your parts department, and they told me I can use my carnation card there for oil changes and such. However I seem to be wrong, but I appreciate the input :). Btw, I like your service department, friendly people, Dixie is always busy :(.
No Worries :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks for the offer but I'll start to call around the last week of Nov. and see what I can get.

Like you said, if I can get it for 22k OTD, that would be great. I plan on financing so I expect that to inflate somewhat.

Let me know if you want the contact sales rep I have for Plaza Kia (right off allen and 401 across from Yorkdale mall).

I'm pretty sure he'll do 23ish SX out the door without anything else better yet wait till near xmas/after xmas if you can and if your planning on buying a 2010.

(PM me as i'm pretty bad for following threads).

-Forte333

·
Registered
105 Posts
Let me know if you want the contact sales rep I have for Plaza Kia (right off allen and 401 across from Yorkdale mall).

I'm pretty sure he'll do 23ish SX out the door without anything else better yet wait till near xmas/after xmas if you can and if your planning on buying a 2010.

(PM me as i'm pretty bad for following threads).

-Forte333
SX 4 dr or 2 dr? Auto or stick, I'll tell you how much inventory is left in Ontario.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts