Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k so i wanted the closest thing to audi led lights that i could get. So i looked around at other peoples and it hit me that nobody has tried to actually instal them in he headlight housing. so that exactly what i did. what do yall thing?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
They look good, Under_Flip installed his in the housing as well, at the same time he retrofitted in projectors.

·
Registered
708 Posts
YESSS finally lol some "real" audi style lights lol .. needs more projectors though lol .. my only complaint is the LEDs are really close together but aside from that they look killer

·
Registered
436 Posts
I like it.

Don't mean to be critical, but..

Is there any way you can push the part under the red arrow down so it rides flush with the bottom of the headlight all the way across?

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
I like it.

Is there any way you can push the part under the red arrow down so it rides flush with the bottom of the headlight all the way across?
Corsa, you are a true perfectionist. I didn't even notice that but now it would bug me.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nice!
I suppose CorsaKoup has a detailed eye!

But it does look awesome! :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
how did you put them in? are they single led's? or a strip?

·
Registered
519 Posts
thats looks awesome man... i already did them on the outside cuz i was nervous abour baking mine.... but now i wish i did it

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I like it.

Lol that was the first thing I noticed as well.

Looks good though

·
Registered
589 Posts
Looks good man! I would try to fix that little gap issue if it were me though.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I just got my strips (2.50 each! plenty of length), but im confused as to the part of the headlight that you stuck the 3m tape on so that it faces outward.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Looks amazing man! I'm too scared to open my headlights up... now... Lol! But those are some truely amazing lookin leds.

·
Registered
427 Posts
will only the side emiting ones work, or will the forward emitting leds also work, as far as the effect goes?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I tried to do this same thing but without baking... you need a curved tool that can move kinda like your fingers. I used a wire hanger with electric tape around the end. placing the strip is easy. I just need to figure out how to remove the 3m strip while it is inside my headlight. then I could run the wires. My oven is not big enough to fit my headlights.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
k so to answer everyone's questions about the leds, they are the 19 inch white led strip from oznium. I heard about this strip from aidensgrand's post about his new placement of them on the top of his headlight. I really wanted them under the light tho so they could dip in the middle but the strip was too thick :( so i decided to bite the bullet and install them inside the housing.
Please if yall do this plz plz plz seal the headlight back up with extra sealant because moisture will find its way in. Happened to me and i had to blow dry it out and seal them back up....
But anyways i have noticed the gap, its the strip being stubborn and not wanting to curve perfectly, i know your next question is gonna be well why don't you put more 3m or whatever...well 3m and any glue gets loose when its hot and i also have hids in so..ehhhh too lazy to open them back up lol

my next mod is 3000k fogs, hope its as easy as installing hids in the headlights. also has anyone tried putting led tailights? i really have been wanting to do this

sorry for the long reply :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts