Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
alright guys and gals, im in the middle of a little problem... i want a new set of wheels because IMO the EX wheels are boring at 16" and i want black ones anyways... i found some 17's and theyre not bad priced. since i am upgrading in wheel size, i am going to have to also upgrade in tire size. the package is going to cost 836.00. im trying to decide if i should just buy them with a credit card and pay it off or save over several years time and wait. i kind of have an idea but i need a little feedback as well. this is a picture of the wheel. opinions on the wheel and/or feedback on my choices would be fantastic!

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Good looking wheel...but I would not go into debt for them.

I pay cash for all of my mods. My credit is great, but I don't like financing trivial things like mods for a car that could get stolen or totaled out and still leave me with a bill.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,880 Posts
^^^Good way to look at it. Truth is if you save up for them and buy them then you really wanted them. If you save up and later decide you don't want them then you just found out you're an impulsive buyer...LoL!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea more than likely i'll save. if i can stick to a regimant, i should have enough money in about 5 months

·
Registered
320 Posts
yea more than likely i'll save. if i can stick to a regimant, i should have enough money in about 5 months
Great way to look at it! You might even find a cheaper (or more expensive) set of wheels and tires you like more along the way.

·
Registered
585 Posts
or save over several years time and wait. i kind of have an idea but i need a little feedback as well. this is a picture of the wheel. opinions on the wheel and/or feedback on my choices would be fantastic![/quote]

..it will take you several years to save up $836 bucks...??

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
um no. actually if i pull $50 from each check, i get paid weekly, thats 200 dollars a month. if i need to save up 850 dollars, its going to take 5 months. 200 X 5 = 1000. so no it wouldnt take several years.

·
Registered
475 Posts
you need to go 18" with some deep lip on that...i like the black too..but if you going to get some rims...make it worth your wild and do your car some justice!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
whats the biggest you can go on the forte as far as wheel size... are 18's ok? and ya i think 18's would look great!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well if 18's will fit on my koup then i'll just spend the extra money on em :) just didnt wanna have to worry about having to lift it. my girlfriend's got 20's on her '09 altima and she had to lift it a little. i think it looks stupid but she likes it, so i have to! haha

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think 18's would be the limit for taste and style.
Anything else would be too far out there. As we saw with the guy with 2o's...kinda funny lookin'.

·
Registered
142 Posts
well if 18's will fit on my koup then i'll just spend the extra money on em :) just didnt wanna have to worry about having to lift it. my girlfriend's got 20's on her '09 altima and she had to lift it a little. i think it looks stupid but she likes it, so i have to! haha
This doesn't look too bad , but ya gotta be careful with the big wheel look . You could end up having to lift it too high .

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts