Kia Forte Forum banner

What Engine Would You Swap Into Your Forte?

23K views 38 replies 18 participants last post by  trevorusn 
#1 ·
This is opened to ALL Fortes.
I'll start...

If I was keepin' it in the family,
2.0L Forte - Genesis 2.0L Turbo or Optima 2.0L T-GDI

2.4L Koupe - Optima 2.4 GDI

If I had some mad fabrication skillz,
2.0L Forte - RB20DET, smooth inline 6 that would put-out some nice torque and horsepower at the REAR WHEELS!

2.4L Koupe - RB25DET, slightly bigger inline 6 combined with a smooth powerband and again, power to the rear wheels.

#5 ·
I'd go with chevy 572 crate motor, than again that might be a tad much. If I could have any motor, it would be a tuned twin turbo straight six from a supra!!!

#7 ·
Since we're dreaming here...

12V P- pumped 6BT with staged turbos in front of a built 47RH. Mmm... 2000+ ft. lbs...

Closer to reality, a 3.0L Duratec V6 with a snail or two and a manual tranny.

Or in reality, I'd probably build on what's already in there since there is an enormous potential solely due to displacement.

#12 ·
well if we are dreaming... bugatti veyron engine would be nice.... but seriously... prob an EVO engine and AWD... but the cost in doing that i might as well buy an evo

#19 · (Edited)

Hey buddy... Know what the world engine is? Guess whats in the caliber and your SX?
The caliber srt4 has forged internals and turbo parts a plenty. The op asked what i would put, not what you wouldn't.
I personally know 11 people with 9 second srt4's. With the 2.4.

#23 ·
Lol I had 2 buddies that had cobalt ss turbo (Both blew), buddy with hhr ss... NOTHING but problems... Couple buddies with srt4's .... NOTHING but problems... I never seem more problems with an engine in my life.... EPIC FAIL on chevys!!! DEFF one engine I WOULD NEVER swap into my forplay

#30 ·
Id love to see a K20 from new si in forte... Since this is the "si wnna b" imagine pulling up to a si on light and him hearing forte rip vtec as he sees a honda sign dangling from ur back bumper after u rape on him haha

#33 ·
^^^
They offer a fwd motor and trans, for the 4g
I'm sure you guys know that but figured I'd meniton it since it would be easier,

Honestly I'd Loooove this motor in the koup but man what a Lot of work that would be.

#34 ·
This thread makes me laugh...you guys/gal ever read "cars" magazine (rather old I guess). They had an article once about car-nuts always talking about putting the biggest engine in small cars to be the most powerful and ended up saying that car-nuts would never be satisfied until they build a car so powerful that the instant you put your foot to the floor the "G" forces would kill you...in the article it described a dragrace driver named Slammin Sammy Miller that had a Vega with a hydrogen-peroxide rocket engine...when he hit the rocket he would black-out, so his car had only enough fuel to get to 300MPH and the drag chute would automatically pop when the car decelerated. That's nuts!!!

#35 ·
^ thats why I picked realistic engines, like the Optima GDI(T), cause it would be an improvement but STILL a reliable DD. Who wants to drive around a car thats only made for the track 'cause it puts out 500+whp. Track your DD, it's alot more fun!

#36 ·
^^^
I picked the same motor choice for they same reason also much easier to put another kia motor into a kia.:)

But on a dream side I know the mitshu motors better,so I'd be at home with that

#38 ·
^^^
LOL yeah sometimes if you build them too much they become a bit problamatic, but a stock 4g I got over two hurdred thousand out of it of course with the turbo it normally needs valve seals replace atleast 2 times durring that period of driving.
But I hear what your saying :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.