Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious what gas mileage everyone is getting in their KIA Forte?

I routinely average well over 45+ MPG on short highway trips in my 2019 Forte:

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm surprised how close the on board #s have been to actual math. My first vehicles with it was always about 3 to 5 mpg optimistic.

My bmw was about 2. The kia has been within 1 every fill so far.

Anyways 2020 gt 29-31.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've been averaging a fantastic 37-38 MPG, with about 70% highway driving.

I was seeing slightly higher 40-41ish average MPG before winter, which I'm suspecting is due to cumulative winter effects like winter blend fuel, cold weather, tire pressure, etc. So it will be interesting to see if the average MPG increases slightly in the spring.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 2020 LXS. The dash tells me my average is 35 but doing the math it’s about 28 mpg I have never had a car that far off the mark.
The 2010 Lincoln MKZ I had previously was off about a half of mpg. It was crappy at 17.5 mpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Forte FE
73 Posts
I have a 2020 LXS. The dash tells me my average is 35 but doing the math it’s about 28 mpg I have never had a car that far off the mark.
2019 Forte FE, manual trans. I get about 33 MPG (calculated at the pump), mostly in town, while the system claims about 36-37. I personally believe manufacturers intentionally have the system tell you exaggerated MPG's because they know many, if not most drivers will simply accept those numbers w/o actually calculating MPG at the pump. "How do you like your new KIA? GREAT, it's getting 37 MPG!!!" Except, it's NOT.

·
Registered
43 Posts
2019 Forte FE, manual trans. I get about 33 MPG (calculated at the pump), mostly in town, while the system claims about 36-37. I personally believe manufacturers intentionally have the system tell you exaggerated MPG's because they know many, if not most drivers will simply accept those numbers w/o actually calculating MPG at the pump. "How do you like your new KIA? GREAT, it's getting 37 MPG!!!" Except, it's NOT.
Yeah all my driving is city. We have so much traffic here in winter. I always assumed car companies exaggerated the mpgs on new cars. I’m still getting way better gas mileage than my 2010 Lincoln with the 3.5L V-6. The Forte is just about the same size as the Lincoln was just 1000 lbs less

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's with the on board. Reads 5.0 L/100km combined since I drove it off the lot. The one trip meter has never been reset and shows mileage.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That's with the on board. Reads 5.0 L/100km combined since I drove it off the lot. The one trip meter has never been reset and shows mileage.
Oh okay. A few gas tanks try to do the math yourself. My car is about 5-6 mpgs off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am blown away with the fuel economy on my 2019 Forte FE (6 speed). Yes, I have manually checked the mileage, and my gauge is approx 1 mpg off.

I have an easy, long commute - 35 miles each way at highway speeds, minimal stop lights.

Summer = 42-45 mpg
Winter (with snow tires) 38-40 mpg

I drive fast, but accelerate slowly, and do a lot of coasting when coming up to a stop - very conservative driving.

If any city driving is done, it drops to around 35.

The kia replaced a 2010 Impala which averaged 24-28 for the identical commute.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The temperatures here rose back into the 60-70s a few weeks back, and I saw some peak average MPG rise to 43.5. I'm still regularly seeing 37-38 average MPG at 7800 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
2020 Forte FE MT.
9 Posts
I am happy with my overall mileage. I drive about 75% on the interstate and 25% in town, I am averaging about 35 to 40 mpg depending on how many lights I get stuck at on the way to and from work before I get to the interstate.
No matter what, it is way better than the Veloster Turbo Rally Edition I had. That car was fun as hell to drive, but averaging 25 mpg sucked haha.

·
Registered
2019 Forte FE
73 Posts
No matter what, it is way better than the Veloster Turbo Rally Edition I had. That car was fun as hell to drive, but averaging 25 mpg sucked haha.
I know what you mean. My previous car was a 2003 EVO VIII. Stunning performance on all levels, but I averaged about 18-19 MPG. But god I loved that car!

·
Registered
48 Posts
2020 GT Manual: 39.9 MPG from Las Vegas where I bought it to the exit of the freeway, it dropped to 39.4 from the exit to the driveway.

I'd say that's pretty impressive and one of the reasons I opted for the GT over a CPO SX

·
Registered
8 Posts
2020 GT Manual with less than 500 miles, first fill hand-calculated at 29.9mpg. I usually top off so it's probably higher than that. 80% local driving. I've had the display average up to 37+ just local driving with maybe 10% highway. I absolutely love the manual trans in this thing!

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
85 Posts
My GT manual got 40-41mpg on stock Kumho Majesty. 35-37mpg on General GMax RS summer tires.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Manual FE. Mid-20s when I'm driving like an asshole in the city, low 30s when I'm cruising on the highway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts