Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7-16-21,

Took the zip tied smithclubs to see if they work with a 10amp fuse specifically connected to the halos.

The right side all turned on. The left side I just had to switch polarities at the brown & red wires & they turned on.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,144 Posts
Pictures of headlights?

Your title is a question -are you asking a question?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,144 Posts
Looks like you got them working perfectly!

Can't say I like the zip-tie look...LOL!

What adhesive are you going to use?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the question:

The left side had turned off. I went to check on it. The 10amp fuse came loose. So when I picked up the wire to connect, there was a short.

I freaked out, WTF, holy sh*t, motherf*cker, sob etc.

I thought the headlight completely burned out. 2ndly spent too much time to re open them again & I'm not gonna go thru that sh*t again.

The driver side was working. Turned everything off. Took the left smithclubs inside to check & verify. Left side all worked.

Connected the left side again.
The halo didn't turn on & the parking light amber didn't turn on.

The passenger rear combination lights on trunk lid & rear don't turn on, at all. Even when the brake pedal is pressed. No key, key on engine off engine running

The steering wheel controls don't illuminate. I can control stereo, answer/hang up, skip/next, mode, mute all work.

The passenger window button doesn't illuminate. Window does go up/down & lock/unlock.

The key ignition illumination ring doesn't illuminate/turns off when the engine is turned on. It turns on/illuminate when turning the key to off position.

The hazard button doesn't illuminate but does work.

The HVAC control assembly doesn't illuminate. I can get cold/hot, fan speed, AC on/off, recirculation, defrost all work.

I checked each & every mini fuse. Engine fuse box & driver's side interior fuse box.

Still the same problems.

So I reinstalled the OEM/factory headlights thinking it's the smithclubs doing all these electrical problems.

The driver side OEM/factory headlights work. The low beams, the high beams, ambers/blinker & parking work.
The driver side rear combination brake lights all work.

The passenger OEM/factory headlight works. The low beams, the high beams, fogs work. Except when in park mode (no H11B & H1 on) doesn't illuminate. Blinker does work.

The rear passenger combination brake lights don't work & turn on. Ignition key position doesn't matter. They're both out.

I removed the trunk lid cover & trunk liner to get to the rear passenger combination brake lights to check the LEDs got burned out. Took all the lights inside. Tested with 12V source. They all worked. Reinstalled back. Checked. Still not working at all.

Saturday 7-17-21 went to junk/salvage yard & bought a new to me HVAC control assembly, hazard switch, mini fuses & relays. Installed them, still nothing.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Went looking around the Forte for some more fuses. Took the dashboard off & apart. The cluster gauge assembly, stereo, HVAC controls, steering wheel all off. Found some relay I never knew was there.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cleared them. Then drove around for an hr. Residential & highway speeds. Set my Autel to live real time on TPMS. All fine.

Cleared C1611 & C1613.

All 3 DTC'S/CODES haven't come up.

I can't drive at nigh/night fall due to the rear passenger combination brake lights not operating.

I'm at a loss, can't find any more fuses & relays. Unless there's more hidden/way the hell up somewhere.

I can't figure this out.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I wonder if you fried the Body Control Module:

What about your wipers - do they work?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As a temporary band aid, would a BCM from another 2010 thru 2013 Kia Forte Koup be ok or have to be a 2.4L?

I know require a BCM from a manual/standard 2.4L SX Koup. Those are very very rare around my city. I've only seen 4.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
As a temporary band aid, would a BCM from another 2010 thru 2013 Kia Forte Koup be ok or have to be a 2.4L?

I know require a BCM from a manual/standard 2.4L SX Koup. Those are very very rare around my city. I've only seen 4.
Looking at BCMs on a Kia parts online site:

SX:

2011 LX:

Looks like you can use any temporarily - all depends on keyless or not keyless, or keyless ignition or not keyless ignition.

Doesn't appear to matter if it is manual or automatic - didn't ask or say anything about transmission.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
What Kia site is this from?
I search "kiapartsonline" - they all have the same basic layout.

Whichever site you use put in 2010, Forte, SX, and the search "BCM".

Example:

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
The only problem I think you'll run into with a new BCM is having to get your key fobs programmed.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts