Kia Forte Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
IT WAS THAT DAMN WIRE!!

It was burned. Took time to remove the driver side interior fuse box panel. Redo/fix the pin & wire. What made it hectic it's drizzling. Thunderstorms can be felt & heard.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I had opened the BCM & looked for burned out something, loose solder point/connection. Couldn't find anything wrong.

This was before the burnt wires to the 10amp mini fuse.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
The BCM was fine.

It was the wires to the 10amp mini fuse. I had to remove the driver side interior fuse box panel to repair the wire.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
It was the 10amp wire that was burned. Had to remove the driver side interior fuse box & repair.

I forgot to take pics when I took out the fuse box panel.

Everything is now working & illuminating.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I'm going to say it: There's a reason for the warning - Disconnect battery before performing any electrical work on your vehicle...LOL!

🤣🤣🤣:devilish::devilish::devilish:

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
For future reference:

In 1988 When I did a frame off restoration of my Buick Show car I replaced ALL the wiring in the car. I was joking with an electrician about doing a "smoke check" to insure there were no shorts in the wiring I had hand made and installed. The electrician told me not to use the car's battery to check the wiring. He said I should "use a battery charger to run everything but the radio and power windows. If I had a short the battery charger's internal circuit breaker would pop and it only uses 2.5 - 6 amps - If I use a car battery I could weld wires with 500-600 amps!" I did use a battery charger and it worked - all lights, fans, blinkers, etc. ,etc., etc. - no shorts.

Next time check all the lights on things with a battery charger to make sure they work - not that 500-600 amp battery!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
What battery charger did you use? An old manual 6V & 12V selector or digital one that can be bought from Walmart?

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
What battery charger did you use? An old manual 6V & 12V selector or digital one that can be bought from Walmart?
Schumaker manual 6V & 12V similar to this:

You can use it to check practically everything on the car in place of the battery. Not enough power to spin a starter or power window. The 60 cycles from the house power makes it so you can't operate a car radio - radio will turn on and you can see the lights work but the speaker will only buzz.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Man, I miss my old one. The one I had was from my father in law. They don't make them like they used to.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Actually pulling that right tail lamp fuse does create every issue he lists. Halo on left is off without the fuse as well as passenger park lamp, power window button no longer lights up on passenger door and interior lights to ac controls are not working without that fuse as well as all lights on steering wheel are out without that fuse and and that's with headlights on . Put the fuse back in and all works as should. Pic of fuse box shows the fuse that was pulled to create his issues on my 2011. Pink wire bottom left of diagram shows it controls both headlamp and tail lamp on right side and runs to fuse RH tail lamp. View attachment 83454 View attachment 83455 View attachment 83456 View attachment 83458

THANKS for the assist tc0566!!! (y)(y) You pinpointed the area to look.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts