Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
For any company, they want to make sure they can make money before investing in it. Putting a request is taken into consideration, but there is a big difference from wanting it vs. buying it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
What exactly is it you'd like to have changed in the program? Open the intake, open the exhaust, you'll make more power. More than any ECU flash will give you, as if you add more fuel to make more power, you have to have more air otherwise you'll run rich, foul your cats, cost yourself money, and make a mess of everything.

It's a free world and you're welcome to waste your money on all kinds of things, but dumping more fuel into your engine isn't going to help unless you take the proper steps - and then the regular Kia ECU will adjust to some extent, and do just fine.

·
Registered
973 Posts
we'll need it when the turbo kit comes out anyways, and I don't really feel I need it beforehand. and idk what our a/f ratio is now, but there are definitely a/f ratios proven to yield more power and ones proven to yield better fuel efficiency, and all kinds of middle ground...

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What exactly is it you'd like to have changed in the program? Open the intake, open the exhaust, you'll make more power. More than any ECU flash will give you, as if you add more fuel to make more power, you have to have more air otherwise you'll run rich, foul your cats, cost yourself money, and make a mess of everything.

It's a free world and you're welcome to waste your money on all kinds of things, but dumping more fuel into your engine isn't going to help unless you take the proper steps - and then the regular Kia ECU will adjust to some extent, and do just fine.
You're right but...........
Don't tell me Kia tune the Forte for performance!!! rather than fuel econo!!! There's some HP to gain there and since TurboKit is on the edge of releasing their CAI and cat back, those parts are covered!
Whit those mods a good engine management will benefit even more........ but no one is doing anything but to pile up some good buying intentions!
There's already something for the Gen Coupe......... isn't our engine ecu similar?? or at least use the same protocole?? Shouldn't be that difficult ?? or may be I'm missing something (beside Forte is so new):confused:

·
Registered
973 Posts
You're right but...........
Don't tell me Kia tune the Forte for performance!!! rather than fuel econo!!! There's some HP to gain there and since TurboKit is on the edge of releasing their CAI and cat back, those parts are covered!
Whit those mods a good engine management will benefit even more........ but no one is doing anything but to pile up some good buying intentions!
There's already something for the Gen Coupe......... isn't our engine ecu similar?? or at least use the same protocole?? Shouldn't be that difficult ?? or may be I'm missing something (beside Forte is so new):confused:
maybe something nearly universal like the aem f/ic will come out soon for us

·
Registered
104 Posts
actually i hope the aem f/ic comes out soon.. my buddy has an ep3 and he is going to get a hondata k-pro on monday and he is willing to sell me his f/ic for $150.. all i would need was a harness and a tune.. im going to email them now actually..

·
Registered
746 Posts
What is it so long.........
.......... to have a tuning devise for our ride???
All I can say is Welcome to the world of KIA! Everything is in Korea. KIA is and has been a slow adoption everywhere else. Soul was first exception.

There's already something for the Gen Coupe......... isn't our engine ecu similar?? or at least use the same protocole?? Shouldn't be that difficult ?? or may be I'm missing something (beside Forte is so new)
there are big differences from the chassis on up of the gen coupe.

maybe something nearly universal like the aem f/ic will come out soon for us
allott of folks with hyundai's and prev gen KIA's played with aem, I dont recall many susscess stories. i do know that a very well respected trained/certified AEM tuner has a shop in Malaysia or Singapore and tuned a big numbered tibby. cant rem his name.
lack of tuning over here has been the big one
venture on over to streetkiaz if anyone hasnt. lots customization & lots of what has worked & what hasn't.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Air fuel ratios are simple: 14.7:1 is perfect - maximum power generated for each unit of air vs. fuel. Anything else, either rich or lean, will make less power. Rich will cost a fortune as your fuel economy falls, and lean tends to generate too much heat and you'll start wrecking things.

Turbos need engine management because the amount of air they generate requires more fuel than the stock computer is programmed to provide through stock injectors but they'll ideally aim for the exact same 14.7:1 ratio - with maybe a slight nudge to the rich side of the ratio for safety reasons.

The point of my post is this: you can gain more horsepower in other ways than a program or reflash will ever do with stock components. So start there, and by the time you actually need a change in engine control, something may be available.

·
Registered
746 Posts
take a look at one of the gen coupe forums. theres been allott of good talk about poweraxel. Poweraxel main office is in Korea, they did have talk directly with Hyundai engineers. There is US dealer & they host dyno/tuning events. Perhaps Poweraxel will see interest in KIA's.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Air fuel ratios are simple: 14.7:1 is perfect - maximum power generated for each unit of air vs. fuel. Anything else, either rich or lean, will make less power. Rich will cost a fortune as your fuel economy falls, and lean tends to generate too much heat and you'll start wrecking things.

Turbos need engine management because the amount of air they generate requires more fuel than the stock computer is programmed to provide through stock injectors but they'll ideally aim for the exact same 14.7:1 ratio - with maybe a slight nudge to the rich side of the ratio for safety reasons.

The point of my post is this: you can gain more horsepower in other ways than a program or reflash will ever do with stock components. So start there, and by the time you actually need a change in engine control, something may be available.
oh god i hope you dont tune your car personally

your car aims for 14.7 at idle and cruising that doesnt change no matter what you have done to it .. on WOT for N/a engines your car should aim for 13-13.5 or so being WOT at 14.7 is lean that might be good for an NA direct injection car but even that might be much

boost you want 11-low 12s afr at wot, with meth you can get away with 12-12.8 but thats pushing it .. ( depends on knock for the engine)

further more .. turbokits dyno sheet shows their car going down into low 11's and even high 10s afr wise.. a good tune could pick up as much as 20 or so whp just bringing the AFR up to 13s and tweaking timing a bit from the looks of it. a retune on this car will gain more then any single bolt on

i'd honestly be surprised if you guys get tuning in the next 6 months maybe even not before the end of this year .. cracking an ecm isnt easy

·
Site Sponsor
1,807 Posts
Agree! :)

We have a plug n play engine management system that we had custom made. It's in our car now for testing. Once confirmed, we will release it.

Hang in their everyone, we will be releasing many parts for the car. We just won't release anything until it is tested...

your car aims for 14.7 at idle and cruising that doesnt change no matter what you have done to it .. on WOT for N/a engines your car should aim for 13-13.5 or so being WOT at 14.7 is lean that might be good for an NA direct injection car but even that might be much

boost you want 11-low 12s afr at wot, with meth you can get away with 12-12.8 but thats pushing it .. ( depends on knock for the engine)

further more .. turbokits dyno sheet shows their car going down into low 11's and even high 10s afr wise.. a good tune could pick up as much as 20 or so whp just bringing the AFR up to 13s and tweaking timing a bit from the looks of it. a retune on this car will gain more then any single bolt on

i'd honestly be surprised if you guys get tuning in the next 6 months maybe even not before the end of this year .. cracking an ecm isnt easy

·
Registered
320 Posts

x2 :D

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Agree! :)

We have a plug n play engine management system that we had custom made. It's in our car now for testing. Once confirmed, we will release it.

Hang in their everyone, we will be releasing many parts for the car. We just won't release anything until it is tested...
Please please please......... keep us posted on this!

Turbo Kit do you accept organ as payement?? It's gone cost me an arm to get what I want!!!!;)

·
Registered
708 Posts
i also asked the guy that does my tuning .. he said it would be about a year from now .. if he had to start from the ground up. thats if he started right away.. and right now he has cracking saabs as well as the new vauxhall insignia OPC (buick lacross) so it would be a bit.. however he is very interested in you guys

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
take a look at one of the gen coupe forums. theres been allott of good talk about poweraxel. Poweraxel main office is in Korea, they did have talk directly with Hyundai engineers. There is US dealer & they host dyno/tuning events. Perhaps Poweraxel will see interest in KIA's.
Here's the awnser of PowerAxel:
Hey Luc,

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

Yes, but we expect to have Kia K5 / Optima turbo first followed by Forte Sedan and Koup.

If we see more demand on the Forte, we may set our priorities differently

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
Regards,

Arvin M. Ko
PowerAXEL
A Divison of AutoMotif Group, Inc.
10242 Tyhurst RoadGarden Grove, CA 92840
C: (714) 616-6666
F: (714) 683-1268
1-888-PWR-AXEL (797-2935)
www.poweraxel.net

Obviously...... it's not for 2010!!! :(

Go TurboKit Go!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes, but we expect to have Kia K5 / Optima turbo first followed by Forte Sedan and Koup.
Isn't the K5 the 2011 model of the Optima? if that's the case, they think a car that's not even out is more important than our babies.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts