Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got an idea of what this sensor is (circled in red)?

Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle

I found it pictured in the service manual but not identified:

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Wheel

It is not the front air bag sensor - those are behind the radiator support on each side of the radiator.

Registered
Anybody got an idea of what this sensor is (circled in red)?

View attachment 84837

I found it pictured in the service manual but not identified:

View attachment 84838

It is not the front air bag sensor - those are behind the radiator support on each side of the radiator.
Temperature sensor for outdoor temp? Where do the wires lead? From your pics it appears to feed into the lighting harness. 馃

Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Temp sensor is pictured in Hamster-GTs photo (first one above) - it is attached to the bottom of the metal bumper - just to the left of the picture's center, highlighted by the intercooler behind it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nooooo idea. Guess you'll have to take off your bumper cover and grab the part # to Google it. :D
I'm curious as to what it is and does...but NOT that curious...LOL!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found it!!! I know what it is!

...and yes, you're going to go "Duh"! I knew that...LOL!!!

Reactions: Chuzz

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hint: You HEAR it when you use your key FOB...LOL!!!

957101R000

used on 2014 and up Forte...

Reactions: tc0566

Registered
That's nucking futs! A piezo buzzer? Why outside?
It obvious the Forte uses something other than the horn when you lock it just from the sound. Why not just chime the horn quickly like every other car? Who knows? Automakers do questionable things like this all the time. You just hope it's nothing too mission-critical they decided to weird out on.

Administrator
Yeah that was gonna be my next guess, since I found it looked a bit like a little speaker and due to its placement.

I tried to google it last night to get a picture, but I couldn't even imagine what the name of it could be, and googling "door lock sound" and "keyfob lock/unlock noise speaker thing" didn't yield any useful results so I gave up. :ROFLMAO:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah that was gonna be my next guess, since I found it looked a bit like a little speaker and due to its placement.

I tried to google it last night to get a picture, but I couldn't even imagine what the name of it could be, and googling "door lock sound" and "keyfob lock/unlock noise speaker thing" didn't yield any useful results so I gave up. :ROFLMAO:
I found it while looking through the service manual on the smart key system...:)

Kia Forte - Smart Key System - Body Electrical System (kiforte.com)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.