Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey wondering what kind of engine oil grade do you use for your engine? Now the manual says to use 10W-30, 5W-20 or 5W-30, depending on the temperature of the area you live in, but still just wondering what kind do you guys use on your engines?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thanks it helped alot, I'm going for 5W-30, I live in cali, and summer is comeing and it's ganna be a hot one, plus I drive on freeways alot more. Thnks again blackwatch

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use synthetic 5W20 Valvoline. I am changing every 5000 miles. I live in Florida where it's already 89 degrees.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I used Mobil 1 Full Synthetic in my focus, 5W20 as well. I will be doing the oil changes at the Kia Dealer though, i am bad at keeping receipts and stuff so i would rather they keep the oil change log since it is 5,000 Miles/5 Months due to ND being harsh. -40 weather here in the winter and 100 degree days in the summer.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i use regular 5w-20 castrol gtx oil works great 10K on the car change it every 5k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.