Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nice, boring 2010 SX sedan. What I would like to do is change the sound(note) of the exhaust\engine to make it sound more aggressive, and possibly give it some more power without ruining the 10 yr\100,000 mile warranty. Is this possible and what could I have done(I am a computer technician, not a mechanic)?

·
Registered
416 Posts
lightweight wheels/lowering alone will make your car look different.. headlights/lighting modification..
some less restrictive exhaust... lightweight pulley..

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte5 Lx, GDI
47 Posts
Well if its a 2010, the warranty is about to expire anyways. But its possible to make any car more powerful. Best ways are too increase airflow and decrease exhaust restriction. A less restrictive intake and exhaust would be perfect. After that you could get a custom tune on the ECU (modern cars that are not designed to be fast are tuned very conservatively and a good tune can make it feel like a different car). I good set of performance tires can also do the same. (I used to own a 2006 Lancer ES...least sporty car in the world, put summer-only tires on it and it felt like a Porsche, it was insane, it would start tri-poding if i was aggressive enough). Stiffer swaybars and better brakes will also transform the driving experience.

Making boring cars not boring is very easy, you just have to have the money and time to do it.

Edit; im an idiot and just realized this is from 2014

1 - 5 of 5 Posts