·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just wondering

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Here are the parts for the Koup just to give you an idea. I have posted this in another thread already but take a look:

Therese are color matched grilles/diffusers. They're also available in carbon fiber.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,847 Posts
Site with parts and price list?

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Kinetic Motorsports Parts

Site with parts and price list?
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/forte-koup-general-discussion/5601-kinetic-motorsports-koup-3.html

Refer here for price lists. No official site available at the moment. Production run should happen end of June/beginning of July. Let me know what you guys want, model/year/color of the car, and what patterns/colors do you want for the car. The carbon fiber comes in 2 tints - blue and brown. The brown ones are on my car. Some cars look better with a certain tint color, we should have pictures soon.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Can I order yet!!! These are too sexy and I'd rather have these than any body kit..

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
is the lower front grille Actually made from carbon fiber... like, ALL of it? because 300 bucks before shipping charges are added is a a lot and im just making sure its not plastic with a wrap on it lol. i need a new lower grill. the bottom portion of it is cracked from scraping the ground the other day. i made an uh-oh and didnt notice the sudden dip :rolleyes:

and i mean all of it. down to the honeycomb part of the grill.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
as far as i know they're not even carbon fiber, they are "PAINTED" Faux carbon fiber. but you can correct me if i'm wrong

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,847 Posts
Here are the parts for the Koup just to give you an idea. I have posted this in another thread already but take a look:

Is there any chance you guys could make the grille without the emblem in the middle? IMO the Forte would look sharp if the grille was nothing but the honeycomb/diamond pattern with a small Kia emblem to one side.

Thanks!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Weeellll, i need a cargo net, but Im assuming your talking exterior, if its solid carbon fiber Im in the market for a new grill, and having all the inserts match would be a plus, question remains, is it solid?

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Is there any chance you guys could make the grille without the emblem in the middle? IMO the Forte would look sharp if the grille was nothing but the honeycomb/diamond pattern with a small Kia emblem to one side.

Thanks!
Lot of members have asked for a badgeless OEM style grill and none of our vendors have delivered. Does anyone else think that there may be, I don't know, like trade dress infringement issues now that KIA is relying on the "tiger nose" design? That would explain why the grilles take a different shape by the time they come to market. Just speculation...

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Lot of members have asked for a badgeless OEM style grill and none of our vendors have delivered. Does anyone else think that there may be, I don't know, like trade dress infringement issues now that KIA is relying on the "tiger nose" design? That would explain why the grilles take a different shape by the time they come to market. Just speculation...
I'm sure there are trademark issues...but these guys say they are going to sell through Kia dealers...sooo....hopefully if anybody could make a "emblem-less" grille they should have a good chance at it working this through Kia, after all...if it makes money for Kia they would probably go for it...LoL!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts