Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
OEM filter, and Mobil 1 full synthetic. 5W-20 for me, but that鈥檚 bc I have a 2.0L

Registered
I have the 2.0 as well, I use OEM filters and Valvoline Extended Protection Full Synthetic 5w-20. IMO As long as you use the recommended oil weight and full synthetic I think you are good. For Filters I use OEM because I do the work myself and it keeps the warranty. Some dealers might reject warranty claims if you use aftermarket filters.

Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
Kia filter and Castrol 5W-30 full synthetic for me...(1.6T)

Administrator
2010 Koup SX
OEM filter always and either Mobil1, Quaker State UD, or Castrol full synthetic oil, whichever is on sale.

With the rising prices of oil (used to be able to get a jug on sale for as low as $24.99 and now it goes for about $34.99 on "sale") I've been debating giving either Walmart's SuperTech or our local CanadianTire chain's "Motomaster" oil which is apparently made by Shell a try. I don't know if I'll be able to bring myself to do it though, as I'm super anal about the oil I put in.

Registered
OEM filter always and either Mobil1, Quaker State UD, or Castrol full synthetic oil, whichever is on sale.

With the rising prices of oil (used to be able to get a jug on sale for as low as $24.99 and now it goes for about $34.99 on "sale") I've been debating giving either Walmart's SuperTech or our local CanadianTire chain's "Motomaster" oil which is apparently made by Shell a try. I don't know if I'll be able to bring myself to do it though, as I'm super anal about the oil I put in.
I wouldn't risk it.

Registered
2022 Kia Forte LXS Fire Orange
I use the standard oil/filter package at my dealership but change it on the severe service schedule. Oil becomes contaminated with the byproducts of combustion and I want to remove that before it begins to accelerate wear.

Registered
My 2010 Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT states on the cap 5W20.

Hell the f*ck no! Watered down weak lubrication from metal on metal extreme friction & speed is a recipe for failure.

Worse when others don't rotate their batteries for the seasons & buy pumpkin spice engine oil to match their overpriced Starbucks while blasting Mariah Carey & their X mas lights all on.

Registered
When I took the new to me Forte I bought from my friend. I was told to use 5W20. It's on the cap.

Instead, they used blend. Nope, 3hrs later I drained that sh*t out with extreme prejudice & filled with 5W30 full synthetic & always Kia/Hyundai dealership engine oil filter.

Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
Why would 0W20 do any harm? It's fine, and could be beneficial in areas with really cold winters.
Agreed, the only problem I have with 0W-20 oil is that it is not listed as a recommended oil in the owners manual*:

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

*2019-2021 shown...I do not know if the 2022 has changed!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts