Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the general consensus of what one should set the tire psi to on a Forte with stock 15" wheels? I just had a leaky valve stem replaced at the dealership and they put 32lbs in, but when the car was delivered to me it had 40lbs all around. What is recommended? Thanks all.
:confused:

·
Registered
38 Posts
It should stay around the 34-36psi range, should never be lower than 32. But i have heard some people go up to 40 even 50 if im not mistaken.

What I would recommend is keep it at 40 for now, and when it snows or something bring it down so you don't slide as much, bring it down to 34. But you will probably get better mpg at 40.

Oh and i Live on long island too, suffolk county? or nassau? im in suffolk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm near Nassau Queens border in Floral Park. Thanks for the info! I think I will try 38 psi all around. I'm all about the mpgs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
speaking of tire pressure i think theres a nail or tear in my toyo tires :(. Every monrning my tire pressure sensor goes on, and i have to run to a gas station and fill it up with air until i can get a chance to get it repaired. bad part is i lost my wheel lock that attached to the drill to take off the nuts on my rims :( so i probably have to have the shop break them or something and buy a new set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts