Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to lower my car soon and just wondering what everyone is running on their car. right now im leaning to the H&Rs cuz they say they lower the car 1.3 all around vs. the eibach which lowers it 1.2. also are yall putting aftermarket shocks on too or just the springs with stock ones.

thanks
ben

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
.1 isn't that much of a difference. and from what i hear, the eibachs sit lower than 1.2 inches once they settle

·
Registered
350 Posts
yeah plus the h&r's are like 120-130 bucks more.

0.1" is not worth 120 bucks. if all you want is a small drop with springs get the eibach springs. if you want any lower get coilovers man. but thatll run you 1300 bucks.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I am also interested in lowering my koup but i keep hearing about problems after the Eibach springs are installed. What does anyone recommend for lowering without any problems (and no im not spending 1200$ on coilovers lol)?

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I am also interested in lowering my koup but i keep hearing about problems after the Eibach springs are installed. What does anyone recommend for lowering without any problems (and no im not spending 1200$ on coilovers lol)?
drive defensively and avoid holes in the road. other than that, you're struts lifespan will be a lot shorter no matter what but at least your trying.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I avoid potholes and am not a dick on the road anyway so I guess that would be ok but these roads on LI are pretty bad. One of the videos I have in another thread, at the end of it u can see a road near me that's all patched up. Every road is like that lol

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have the Eibachs and really like them so far...what do aggressive/defensive driving habits have to do with the life of the suspension? Just avoid potholes and other road hazards like traintracks take that stuff real slow and you should avoid any catastrophe.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I had mine installed professionally for peace of mind, problem is they couldn't align it due to not havin forte specs...they said to new, so I'll probably have to go to the dealer and have it aligned

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Who is stephen and what coilovers is he running?
UnsureStephen. He doesn't post much but IMO he's got two of the best mods out of any of the members here. Coilovers and projectors. He posted a picture of his ride in this thread... http://www.forteforums.com/forums/forte-sedan-general-discussion/5962-roof-rack.html

Back to the original topic. If you have the money I say you should get the H&R springs. Just like the Eibachs will settle a little lower so will the H&Rs. I don't think any member here has them and it'd be nice to know how the other products perform and look. I've been considering selling my Eibachs and switching over to the H&Rs because the wheel gap still isn't flush enough for me but like patyouknow said 0.1" really isn't worth another $120.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well if you want to sell yours to me ill scoop them up and you can get the h&rs. But I think I'm gonna just get the h&rs. Hopefully they will settle more then the eibach

·
Registered
350 Posts
the only thing that you need to be careful for when getting lowering spring is that since nobody makes aftermarket struts for our cars the stock struts will blow easier unless you drive like a granny and avoid potholes. thats why coilovers are great because they are adjustable and replace the shock and strut.

·
Registered
350 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts