Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me, it's the sound system. I always put my own audio in my cars, but the SX is more than passable, as long as you reduce the bass to -6. Otherwise, it gets too muddy and distorted. Nice and clean mids and highs, with good separation. The head unit is extremely well designed, easy to use while driving. Of course you can do much better aftermarket, but it beats the tweeters off any Bose system I've heard.

·
Registered
695 Posts
The overall styling of the car, my sx koup has had more eyes on her then I could have ever imagined. Many have asked if I had it imported from somewhere. The handling and the power from the 2.4 motor is a really nice bump from a 2.2l with only 120 hp.

The only bad is the paint, have a few rock chips that I will need to get fixed.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I have too agree the stock sound system is a nice suprise:)

Love how well the inside was put together very comfortable and for a C class car looks amazing ;)

The bad, the crazy crease on/off again body and the paint.

·
Registered
47 Posts
THE GOOD: Just the general, 'Bang for your Buck'. For $20K all in, on the road. How do you lose?

THE BAD: The Bluetooth is a piece of shiit. I wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard, "What? I cannot hear you. What?"

·
Registered
274 Posts
My bluetooth works great too :)

Good: I wasn't surprised by the good stock system 'cause even my 07 Spectra one was awesome, but that's still a plus :)
The power of the 2.0 surprised me pretty much. That thing goes!
I think the stock rims on the Koup are dang good lookin!!

Bad: Crease issues, crappy paint :(

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Good: Cornering ability. I was impressed on how fast i can take corners. the only time i really test the cars limits is around corners, and it's proved its worthiness.

Bad: Oil leak in less than 3000 miles

·
Registered
288 Posts
good
1- looks really good
2- lot of features compare to other car
3- price
4- 6 speed auto
5- comfortable
6- the engine not noisy when you drive normally
7- sound system Speaker's

bad
driver side window and passenger some time it not closed will when you close the door
(want to ask you something guys , when you open the door, does the window goes down a little ? and when you close the door the window closed up , because it need to be like that for this kind of door that why we hear street noise because the window didnt close when you close the door)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Two cents

I own a Forte 5 SX but I thought I'd throw in my two cents after three weeks of ownership:

Pros:
- Excellent acceleration. Almost as fast as a stock 93 Talon turbo TSI which I use to own (0-60 6.5 vs 7.0)
- Surprisingly good fit and finish for a car in this price range.
- Excellent safety rating (including six air bags)
- Very good radio quality audio (although the treble is a little weak)
- Great number of features for its price
- Excellent Blue tooth functionality
- Very good gas millage for a 2.4L engine
- Fantastic warranty
- Excellent stock headlight visibility
- Great safety features, including ESC, ETC, ABS w/ Brake power distribution, Panic assist braking
- Firm and confident ride without being too harsh
- Wonderful implementation of the Trip computer
- Short engine warm-up time (don't know about AC yet)
- Very nice European like styling

Cons:

- Sometimes wipers don't fully park in the correct location
- Difficult balance between gas and clutch
- No dome light dimming
- No glove box light

I've only had my Forte for about three weeks but so far I love this car. As I drive about 40 000km/year I'll soon learn how the drive train holds up. I spent extra to get a 160 000km warranty due to the high millage per year that I drive. Hopefully it will stand the test of time.

Mark

·
Registered
230 Posts
Surprised by the look and feel of Forte Experience. Even after 6 months I still get in turn on the ignition and watch the dash come to life, turn on the heated seat, then music begins to pound, into 1st gear then a confident pride takes over, I sink into the seat and I smile :) Only to have the moment interrupted by " DOWNLOAD COMPLETE!!!" I sigh then shift in to second, turn off the TCO and I sink back into my seat only to have the smile return.....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dear Mark,
Thanks for your detailed opinion of the 'Forte 5'. The car reminds me of an '06 Audi 3. I am thinking of buying one for my wife. Did you tint the glass? I saw one at the dealership with the glass tinted. IMO, I think it makes the auto.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
THE GOOD: Just the general, 'Bang for your Buck'. For $20K all in, on the road. How do you lose?

THE BAD: The Bluetooth is a piece of shiit. I wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard, "What? I cannot hear you. What?"
I've had good and bad days with the Bluetooth, it doesn't like a lot of cabin noise, like if you're driving on the hwy.

A couple of tricks I've learned are:
1) Turn the volume on your phone WAY UP!
2) Turn down the stero volume as low as you can and still hear.

This seems to help for me quite a bit.

·
Registered
55 Posts
In my experience with the forte so far the
PROS - Space was definitely not expected but it has more then it appears.
- Overall appearance of the car is really nice.
- Brakes seem a little sensitive but its stops relatively nice.

CONS - Door not closing properly with the window completely shut.
- Space is nice but if you tall headroom isn't
- Aftermarket support is limited but I'm sure that will change in time.

Overall its a nice car plus anything beats owning a civic. lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good surprises:
- The stock sound system.
- The amount of information that is displayed on the radio LCD screen. Even in some premium cars, the screens are so small and you can barely read a thing.
- The interior fit and finish. Sure it has some hard plastics which is expected for cars in this class but it's definitely better than the Civics and Corollas I looked at. Only the Mazda3 rivals and may even beat the Forte in the interior department at the time I bought my Forte.
- Trunk space (sedan). Pretty huge for a car of this class. It's even bigger than my 2006 Honda Accord sedan.
- Passenger space. Even with four adults, no one feels cramped. My friends were amazed at the amount of backseat space when they first rode in it.
- The amount of compliments I get from other people about the car.

Bad surprises:
- City fuel consumption is pretty bad for a 2.0 L engine although highway is decent.
- Door panel crease.

Overall, I'm very happy with my car so far with about a year and half of ownership. A class above the 2006 Toyota Corolla I traded in for the Forte. The Corolla felt like a cheap carnival ride in comparison to the Forte and I'm glad I got rid of that thing before all the Toyota safety recalls.

·
Registered
288 Posts
In my experience with the forte so far the
PROS - Space was definitely not expected but it has more then it appears.
- Overall appearance of the car is really nice.
- Brakes seem a little sensitive but its stops relatively nice.

CONS - Door not closing properly with the window completely shut.
- Space is nice but if you tall headroom isn't
- Aftermarket support is limited but I'm sure that will change in time.

Overall its a nice car plus anything beats owning a civic. lol
same here
good
1- looks really good
2- lot of features compare to other car
3- price
4- 6 speed auto
5- comfortable
6- the engine not noisy when you drive normally
7- sound system Speaker's

bad
driver side window and passenger some time it not closed will when you close the door
(want to ask you something guys , when you open the door, does the window goes down a little ? and when you close the door the window closed up , because it need to be like that for this kind of door that why we hear street noise because the window didnt close when you close the door)

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Good: Engine, 6spd shifts awesome, nice sound system for stock.
Bad: Cheap paint / Interior plastic scratches way to easy. It looks like Freddy Kruger did the hand jive next to the ignition.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I love everything about my Koup, the only cons are the crappy Bluetooth reception and that damn door and C-pillar crease!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts