Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
593 Posts
See I quite like crank windows because there isn’t much to break. If I have power windows, make them auto. I wonder if you can convert our cars to auto up (at least for the driver window).
That would be nice. Some cars are as easy as doing a switch swap and soldering in a jumper wire.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,195 Posts
That would be nice. Some cars are as easy as doing a switch swap and soldering in a jumper wire.
At some point I'm gonna do a little bit of research about that. If my friend's 2014 Elantra has it, my car can too as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully it's simple

Reactions: ForteGT2

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,195 Posts
Don't know why two-door cars are so unpopular in America. Had several Mustang hatchbacks and they were incredibly useful vehicles.
It’s a recent trend for sure. Everything used to have a 2 door variant. Now it’s just sports cars.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
6,102 Posts
Don't know why two-door cars are so unpopular in America. Had several Mustang hatchbacks and they were incredibly useful vehicles.
I've owned 6 2-door cars in the past and have resorted to only purchasing 4-door sedans. I hate the longer doors of 2-door cars - parking lots seem to have too thin of parking spots and the longer doors can't be opened as wide without hitting another car (tired of having to contort to get out of the car). The extra 2 doors are just convenient for passengers - instead of "snaking" their way into the back seat they can just ease in.

A 4-door car will never look as sleek as a 2-door car...but sometimes convenience beats out sleek looks...:)

·
Registered
2022 gt2
528 Posts
I've owned 6 2-door cars in the past and have resorted to only purchasing 4-door sedans. I hate the longer doors of 2-door cars - parking lots seem to have too thin of parking spots and the longer doors can't be opened as wide without hitting another car (tired of having to contort to get out of the car). The extra 2 doors are just convenient for passengers - instead of "snaking" their way into the back seat they can just ease in.

A 4-door car will never look as sleek as a 2-door car...but sometimes convenience beats out sleek looks...:)
When I was young 2 doors were the rage and 4 doors made great parts cars.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
6,102 Posts
When I was young 2 doors were the rage and 4 doors made great parts cars.
...and then you grow up and don't like squeezing in and out of cars anymore. You also come to this conclusion after you watch your elderly parents contort, groan, and complain while getting in and out of the back seat of your 2-door car...:)

·
Registered
2022 gt2
528 Posts
...and then you grow up and don't like squeezing in and out of cars anymore. You also come to this conclusion after you watch your elderly parents contort, groan, and complain while getting in and out of the back seat of your 2-door car...:)
at work when a BRZ Or FIAT 500, heck even a 2 Door BMW comes in and requires climbing in the back seat... I’m out. Too old for intentional self abuse. Got a new generation of techs that want to run me out of a job.... here’s your chance........

·
Registered
2022 Kia Forte LXS Fire Orange
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Saw a new 3-series BMW drive by. It's design and proportions were not unlike the Forte, but more taunt and muscular. Wonder if the next gen Kia will follow this design trend?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts