Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the car is brand new and the speakers sound weird. when I put the Power bass on (even a low) and up the volume its sound very bad with some rattle coming from the door :mad:

I would like to know what your radio configuration for the bass,tremble etc... :)

actually ive put 0 bass, +10 tremble and +8 for the one beside it

P.bass OFF

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've got Power bass on LOW, bass +2, mid +1 and treble +3......I listen to house music mainly, this config seems to sound ok for that type of thing. You could try some Dynamat in the doors to quieten any rattles.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I finally had to turn the bass boost completely off and keep the Bass / Mid on 3. I listen to a lot of old-school House and it was beating the speakers too badly.

·
Registered
348 Posts
P.bass on mid, all others flat. Centered f/r & l/r. Sirius 21/24 screams just nicely to about 20 or so, then it's just noise. The higher P.bass setting is to compensate for the absolutely piss poor Sirius signal... sounds like a low bit rate rip running through a soup-can-and-string. Oh, wait... it IS a low bit rate rip... so I'm half right.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yeah....there were precious few channels that I actually liked, so when I got my Ipod at Christmas, I knew I was going to let Serius lapse. I don't miss it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dose anyone know what the tsb for the frt speaker door buzz is really supposed to do? Just cut down the bass??? It seems to only be on the rh frt door.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Any new info on this? It's annoying as hell.
what's annoying? the rattle?

to be quite honest, the factory speakers are not able to handle the HU's bass boost capabilities. Now that I have 4 x75W RMS on my door C-5's and 1000W RMS in subs, once you add any of the bass boost options beyond the first one up, you notice definite distortion even at low volumes on speakers that can handle it.

What this means is that it's actaully quite dangerous in my opinion to use the boost feature on factory speakers at anything other than low volumes as it will damage your factory speakers.

D

·
Registered
576 Posts
All controls Flat, my Forte doesn't have Bass boost. Do yourself a favour install new speakers and for rattles Dynamat the doors it will make the biggest improvement less rattles and more tighter bass output. Then add a 4 Channel power amp

·
Registered
973 Posts
what's annoying? the rattle?

to be quite honest, the factory speakers are not able to handle the HU's bass boost capabilities. Now that I have 4 x75W RMS on my door C-5's and 1000W RMS in subs, once you add any of the bass boost options beyond the first one up, you notice definite distortion even at low volumes on speakers that can handle it.

What this means is that it's actaully quite dangerous in my opinion to use the boost feature on factory speakers at anything other than low volumes as it will damage your factory speakers.

D
I rarely listen to the radio at a volume over 8 for city driving and 12 for highway driving
10 in the city if the windows are down
but if I do damage them, I planned on getting some jl's or something to replace them eventually anyways

1 - 12 of 12 Posts