Kia Forte Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Fire Orange Kia Forte GT
60 Posts
Have you posted any pictures with the wrapped roof?
I actually had a thread on it and some pics are posted there
I was going to do a black stripe but decided to just wrap the roof. A bit more subtle and goes well with the black mirrors and dark tint.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,725 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I like white cars and the GT looks good on white but once I saw fire orange, I knew it would be my pick. Wrapped the roof on a gloss black for a nice contrast.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
The Fire Orange in person grabs my attention, especially when polished and waxed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
First time I've posted a photo as I've still got some work to do but... my Forte EX Hatch is Metallic Bronze. I think the paint looks pretty good for 193,000 miles.
View attachment 82374
Any personal touches in the future? It's a nice blank canvas.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Forte5 EX
28 Posts
Any personal touches in the future? It's a nice blank canvas.

Keeping the car simple is my plan. I just had the wheels painted Wednesday(seen in the photo above) and forgot to buy matching center caps(k5optimastore ftw). Once I get those in the only remaining work is paint/dent repair. I have a paintless dent removal technician at my work that I need to talk to about pulling some dents out. From there maybe a respray of the hood, rear spoiler and door handles.

There is nothing aftermarket performance wise about my Forte and I'm not much for changing it due to the mileage. The motor may only have 75K miles on it(previous owner blew the original up by not thinking) but the transmission has all 193,000 miles with absolutely no maintenance. Drive it until it dies or until the Forte5 GT releases in the USA.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My Canadian 2021 Forte GT Limited! I'm happy they made the orange (called Orange Delight here) exclusive to the GT trim levels (we don't have a GT-Line trim). It's weird the differences between Canadian and American Fortes. You guys get fog lights on your GTs, which we don't, but we have a "GT Limited" trim that includes all the goodies like navigation, full synthetic leather seating surfaces, heated steering wheel, and heated rear seats that I don't believe American GTs get. It has a bit of a weenie little sunroof, but that sounds way too much like "first world problems" to me, so I can't really complain.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
My Canadian 2021 Forte GT Limited! I'm happy they made the orange (called Orange Delight here) exclusive to the GT trim levels (we don't have a GT-Line trim). It's weird the differences between Canadian and American Fortes. You guys get fog lights on your GTs, which we don't, but we have a "GT Limited" trim that includes all the goodies like navigation, full synthetic leather seating surfaces, heated steering wheel, and heated rear seats that I don't believe American GTs get. It has a bit of a weenie little sunroof, but that sounds way too much like "first world problems" to me, so I can't really complain.

View attachment 82896
View attachment 82897
The two round indents in your lower grille do not have lights in them?

Would it be possible to just get the fog light assemblies and install them in your grille then?

For 2019 2020 Kia Forte Fog Lights Lamps Covers Pair Driver Passenger Driving | eBay

·
Registered
54 Posts
The two round indents in your lower grille do not have lights in them?

Would it be possible to just get the fog light assemblies and install them in your grille then?

For 2019 2020 Kia Forte Fog Lights Lamps Covers Pair Driver Passenger Driving | eBay
Nope, the spaces for the fog lights are just solid plastic. I don't even know if they're cutouts or molded into the grill (I haven't really checked). Fog lights are a dealer accessory in Canada, not a factory option (actually, besides paint color, there are no factory options for the Forte GT or GT Limited).

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Nope, the spaces for the fog lights are just solid plastic. I don't even know if they're cutouts or molded into the grill (I haven't really checked). Fog lights are a dealer accessory in Canada, not a factory option (actually, besides paint color, there are no factory options for the Forte GT or GT Limited).
Do the Canadian base model Fortes still have the DRLs in the lower grille like U.S. versions?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Do the Canadian base model Fortes still have the DRLs in the lower grille like U.S. versions?
There are no lights in the grille, unless you mean those side grilles. The DRLs appear to be the 4 LEDs that surround each of the LED headlights. I've only seen my car from the front running with the headlights not on one time, I think. Anyway, this is a front view:

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
There are no lights in the grille, unless you mean those side grilles. The DRLs appear to be the 4 LEDs that surround each of the LED headlights. I've only seen my car from the front running with the headlights not on one time, I think. Anyway, this is a front view:

View attachment 82902
I understand your GT didn't come with fog lights and your headlights have DRLs like ours do. What I'm wondering about is do the other models of the Forte have DRLs in the lower grille like the U.S. LXS and FE models.

These are DRLs on the FE and LXS models - not fog lights. The headlights have no DRLs in them...same on Canadian models?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I understand your GT didn't come with fog lights and your headlights have DRLs like ours do. What I'm wondering about is do the other models of the Forte have DRLs in the lower grille like the U.S. LXS and FE models.

These are DRLs on the FE and LXS models - not fog lights. The headlights have no DRLs in them...same on Canadian models?
View attachment 82905
Evidently not the same. Here's a picture of a Canadian Forte LX with its DRLs on (this is the only trim that doesn't have LED DRLs, as it turns out). I assume these are the high beams running at a lower output, which is a common way of setting up DRLs on cars with separate bulbs for low and high beams. This one probably comes down to different regulations for DRLs in Canada and the US (they are mandatory and cannot be switchable in Canada and are not required in the US).

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Subtle differences between Canadian and U.S. models...:unsure:

21 - 40 of 41 Posts