Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any EX and SX owners notice engine noise? Such as light knocking and/or valve clatter at idle? Especially at warm idle.

Come on, let's hear some owners chime in. Mine has both issues mentioned above and I'd like to know if this is typical for these cars engines or whether other owners engines are quiet...before I go into the dealer and get the run-around.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Any EX and SX owners notice engine noise? Such as light knocking and/or valve clatter at idle? Especially at warm idle.

Come on, let's hear some owners chime in. Mine has both issues mentioned above and I'd like to know if this is typical for these cars engines or whether other owners engines are quiet...before I go into the dealer and get the run-around.
something like at -15 deg:rolleyes: but stop after warming
I on't even hear it on the road,is pretty quiet

·
Registered
5 Posts
engine noise

There could be more noise coming from engine, due to the fact they use a chain and not belt for teh timing belt. I here they aremore noise.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine has a VERY slight clatter at idle--sounds like the tappets to me---I think this is normal, and not to worry---

·
Registered
30 Posts
As I said in your other thread, I think the noise that I'm hearing is the fuel injectors pulsating. It's more like a loud clicking. Timing chains do make more noise, but that isn't like sound I'm hearing. Hope this helps

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As I said in your other thread, I think the noise that I'm hearing is the fuel injectors pulsating. It's more like a loud clicking. Timing chains do make more noise, but that isn't like sound I'm hearing. Hope this helps
No, no, come on guys, get off the injectors. We all know what they sound like. Valve clatter and/or a light, irregular knocking sound is the issue here.

Mine...sometimes it's quiet at cold start, sometimes noisy...and then the kocking sound at warm idle that comes and goes is even more of a concern.

Dealer said they heard it but consider it within normal parameters...surprise, surprise.

I didn't expect these engines to be quiet, but sometimes they sound almost like a diesel and mine(and some others evidently) has an occasional knocking sound that sounds just like a sticky hydraulic lifter. But, these engines don't have hydraulic lifters.

·
Registered
142 Posts
2.4 sx sedan , auto , the engine is very quiet at idle . Ive owned a 2.0 beta and a 2.7 delta , both were noisy at idle but not annoying .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought my Forte EX in January and just noticed the same clicking or clattering. Did you identify if the noise was normal? I'm guessing if everyone's Forte is making the same noise than that would be considered a normal sound, unless there is a factory default. I don't hear any engine noise while driving only at idle.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
mine is quiet. there was a light tapping from where my back seats are but i realized the seat wasnt locked into place and the tapping is gone now.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Mine has a slight clatter sound when cold, normal sounding to my ears. Not like my 2008 Honda Civic that had a knocking sound and it had to have new bearings as there was too much slop in the orignal bearings, not good for a new car and a HONDA.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mine super quiet... I'm wondering what is the normal rpm @ idle mine sits at 600. All my other cars were at 800. I actually had to take mine back to the dealer the day I got it because the ecru reset the shift points and rpm management itself. Weird... Good thing for warranty, huh? Hope it doesn't happen again because I really love this car.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Mine super quiet... I'm wondering what is the normal rpm @ idle mine sits at 600. All my other cars were at 800. I actually had to take mine back to the dealer the day I got it because the ecru reset the shift points and rpm management itself. Weird... Good thing for warranty, huh? Hope it doesn't happen again because I really love this car.
mine idles at about 750 after it warms up a bit after being off all night

1 - 16 of 16 Posts