Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I used willtheyfit.com for measurement. It's pretty good. I have 18x8.5 +42. It sticks out a few mm and it clears, barely. You will need to add more negative camber for those offsets.
There is someone on the Elantra Sport forum that did 18x9.5 +50 and he didn't complain about rubbing.
how do you add negative camber? i’ve searched them up online for the camber kits and they don’t exist at all from what I can tell. I’m trying to get -6 or -7 camber all around.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The kits exist. Getting -6, -7 camber? Good luck with that. If I had that information, I don't have the conscious to give that information that would cause harm or death to you and other motorists who share the road with you.
-6,-7 camber isn’t much. It’s a good reasonable amount imo. What kit is it and what does it go all the way to?

·
Registered
31 Posts
-6 or -7 is in dangerous territory for road use. I wouldn’t do that for safety reasons. Even -3 is aggressive and isn’t preferable unless you have a drift car (which the Forte most certainly is not). It will eat up the inside of your tires and is not smart for safety or component longevity.
that’s tough, i’ve seen some camber builds on the new fortes and they look good and the owners don’t complain abt it

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you're planning on 8.5" I'd recommend a minimum of +45 or higher. Anything else will rub with a load or if you're planning to lower it. And yes, you can do a extreme negative camber to overcome this, but why when you can just avoid all that work with just the right offset, especially when it means prematurely wearing your inner tire? Anyway, the choice is yours in the end, but I just recommend 18x8.5 with 225/40-18 tires. If you're wanting something more extreme you picked the wrong car.
cause camber is nice, everyone got preferences and taste. but i’m hoping to lower mine w my coilovers on sunday. eventually find out how to camber it as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts