Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wheel hop when the tires are spinnig

Is anyone else havig issues with wheel hop when you are burnig the tires out of first gear? Mine did the other day ad it sounded horrible! Is there any quality bushing kits available to stop this?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool.... thanx. Still some polyurethane bushings wouldnt hurt as well, it would stop the forward travel to the tire.

2,213 Posts
You can try, but it's still going to be crappy. That's why everyone is begging vendors to make aftermarket mounts. You can try spraying some foam in the mounts too, that might help

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
right on..... ill just wait for some quality parts and take it easy on the car untill then!! thanx man!!

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Filling the stock mounts is a pretty straight forward job. The biggest problem I had was figuring out what to fill them with. I did some searching and found this stuff, this is the real deal. You can get it at Grainger, it's $35 for a pound. It will fill all 3 mounts and you'll have some left over.
Devcon Flexane 94a:

The first step is masking off the mounts. This is a critical part because you don't want the flexane pouring out everyhwere or else you'll be dishing out another 35 bones. I taped it off with duct tape and it worked fine. Note: I cut off the rubber stubs on one side of the tranny mount because it made it much easier to mask off the mount. Also, which ever side you mask off will have the print of the duct tape, so if you care about how the top mount looks make sure you mask the BACK of the mount. Other than that I didn't have any trouble masking them off, just make sure to tape it up good!

Next you have to mix the Flexane. There's instructions on the box and it's pretty easy to understand. Once mixed you'll have about 20 minutes before it's begins to harden. You don't have to hurry up but be aware that you won't have all day to play with it. Once mixed it'll have the consistency of motor oil.
Pour the urethane in to the mounts:

And that's that! The full cure time is 7 days or you can heat them at 100 degrees for 24 hours(All this info is on the box) Once fully cured these suckers are stiff! I only installed the tranny mount and I can already tell a big difference in stiffness and vibration.

·
Registered
312 Posts
dojaman, best post this week! Now you got me all excited.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Filling the stock mounts is a pretty straight forward job. The biggest problem I had was figuring out what to fill them with. I did some searching and found this stuff, this is the real deal. You can get it at Grainger, it's $35 for a pound. It will fill all 3 mounts and you'll have some left over.
Devcon Flexane 94a:

The first step is masking off the mounts. This is a critical part because you don't want the flexane pouring out everyhwere or else you'll be dishing out another 35 bones. I taped it off with duct tape and it worked fine. Note: I cut off the rubber stubs on one side of the tranny mount because it made it much easier to mask off the mount. Also, which ever side you mask off will have the print of the duct tape, so if you care about how the top mount looks make sure you mask the BACK of the mount. Other than that I didn't have any trouble masking them off, just make sure to tape it up good!

Next you have to mix the Flexane. There's instructions on the box and it's pretty easy to understand. Once mixed you'll have about 20 minutes before it's begins to harden. You don't have to hurry up but be aware that you won't have all day to play with it. Once mixed it'll have the consistency of motor oil.
Pour the urethane in to the mounts:

And that's that! The full cure time is 7 days or you can heat them at 100 degrees for 24 hours(All this info is on the box) Once fully cured these suckers are stiff! I only installed the tranny mount and I can already tell a big difference in stiffness and vibration.

Yeah dojaman I remember seeing this DIY posted in the SRT forums. It was posted back in '05. Good stuff!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Is anyone else havig issues with wheel hop when you are burnig the tires out of first gear? Mine did the other day ad it sounded horrible! Is there any quality bushing kits available to stop this?
Are you doing this with ESC ON..? I think you would rather want to try with ESC off...

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Stupid question. Were do i get this stuff. Also how long does it have to sit for

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^
takes 24 hours if you bake it for a day..
other wise it takes serval days I think 7 if I remember Doja post right

Crock did you not read his post??:) lol I have to pick on you

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Lol i just woke up half asleep still and you know im always mobile! Lol i will re-read. Weres my coffee! Edit! My phone did not load up all the images and text! Lmao i love my android

·
Registered
191 Posts
is anyone else havig issues with wheel hop when you are burnig the tires out of first gear? Mine did the other day ad it sounded horrible! Is there any quality bushing kits available to stop this?
motor mounts!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts