Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all

was wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing.
it was raining lastnight and as i was completing my turn
i pressed on the go pedal and thought damn!,my engine felt like it was
going to fall out!.i had a bunch of wheel hop and let off right away.:(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we can make the chassis as stiff as we want,if the engine is bouncing
around the problem will still be there.
ok who is gonna design mounts?

·
Registered
102 Posts
i can talk to a guy he makes mounts for the rsx i would have to have someone elses motor mounts of course haha to make a mold off of.

·
Registered
746 Posts
The OP sounds like wheel hop while in the turn ? Which can be different than wheel hop of the line.

Do you have stock tires, rims, suspension?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Is traction control on? I know when my traction control kicks on the car feels funky.

2,213 Posts
You sure you just didnt hit rough pavement? The only time I get it is when I'm taking off the line like a maniac. Or maybe you the wheel started to slide and traction control kicked in??

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
TCS was the cause. I took mine to the track and first run I forgot to disable the TCS and the hopped and banged around like crazy due to the brakes applying and releasing fast while spinning. Turned off TCS and hopped a little only on one run out of three. On the street it hops a bit more due to rough roads here and uneven traction. Our mounts are crappy but it isn't the main cause of the crappy response when flooring it with TCS on.

·
Registered
154 Posts
tcs..is the problem..cause it was raining the other day n mine did the same thing so i turn it off n want back n try it again ..but it was all good when i turn it off..lets just say spin baby spin lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TCS was the cause. I took mine to the track and first run I forgot to disable the TCS and the hopped and banged around like crazy due to the brakes applying and releasing fast while spinning. Turned off TCS and hopped a little only on one run out of three. On the street it hops a bit more due to rough roads here and uneven traction. Our mounts are crappy but it isn't the main cause of the crappy response when flooring it with TCS on.

tcs was on,so this may be cause.
i will turn it off and try it without.
im 48 yrs old,been driving since i was 15.
didnt need tcs then,guess i still dont need it!;)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hence the laughing, it wasn't a major issue that should have warranted wishing to get a different car. ;) And definitely not a focus lol Glad it was resolved for you I suspected either rough patch or tcs.

You can also try installing swaybars if you get more body roll than you would like. Would also improve the handling in the corners if you wanted (even though you said you had completed the corner)

I believe someone on the forum had said he found a company that was willing to make the motor mounts if they had gotten enough interest in them. Do a forum search for it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts