Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SX and when I drive on roads that have a lot of pebbles, or have been recently salted or sanded, the rear tires seem to pick up a lot of the debris from the street and spit it against the wheel well or even sounds like its hitting the side of the car. Anyone have any suggestions on how to lessen this? I saw on another site that someone tried mudflaps and that didn't appear to fix the problem.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sound deadning is probably your best bet. You should look into products like b-quiet, dynamat... stuff like that. deaden the crap out of the wheel wells on the inside of the car offcourse ;). Its alot of work but well worth it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
What you could also do is the rubber type rustproofing that is sprayed on really thick on to your car... also may work.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm going to look into intalling some black outdoor carpet along the center of the wheel well, where the rocks strike. My Mazda had it from the factory, and I've seen it on late model Maximas and it does a lot to deaden rock impact noise.

·
Registered
109 Posts
They are standard on Canadian models PJ26... you are correct.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I plan on doing a layer of deadening on my floors and possibly a double layer on the wheel wells for this very issue.

Will let you know how it goes! (Just need some free time...... ............. .........)

·
Registered
109 Posts
we all need free time D113 :) and money lots of money. I think i may get another couple of rolls of that deadening stuff and do the same thing you are planning on doing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts