Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Here is my current 22 GT-Line, wanting to get some nice looking chrome wheels (17x8) and will be following that with either springs or coils, have yet to decide. Anywho, I’m looking for some recommendations if anyone has any, I’m a bit picky when it comes to wheels and these stocks HAVE to go (they’ll be my winter setup, as they currently are). Thanks in advance! (If you have any other mod suggestions too, let me know :), I do already have a muffler replacement done)

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,905 Posts

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,905 Posts
I’d definitely do a +1 and go up to an 18 at the bare minimum.
I'd stay 17 unless you can find a really light 18 otherwise your mileage and especially ride quality will take a nosedive.

· Registered
9 Posts
I'd stay 17 unless you can find a really light 18 otherwise your mileage and especially ride quality will take a nosedive.
I think you can go to 18's with less rolling resistance all seasons and be fine. Not like you'd really see a huge difference on an NA anyway, imo. Just keep the overall diameter the same to keep the speedo as close as OE and it'll be solid.

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,905 Posts
I think you can go to 18's with less rolling resistance all seasons and be fine. Not like you'd really see a huge difference on an NA anyway, imo. Just keep the overall diameter the same to keep the speedo as close as OE and it'll be solid.
You could, but your ride quality will suffer. I've got 17's on mine and it feels like it would get crashy if you went bigger. You will see a big difference in MPG even on an NA car. I went from the factory 195 R15 Khumos to 225 R17 UHPAS Sumitomos (same overall height as stock) and I dropped up to 5 mpg in some uses (especially on the highway at higher speeds).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts