Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I've had my Forte LX since July, and the gas mileage has been getting increasingly better. However, I've received mix info on when exactly I should use the economy package. I drive 27 miles to work each day, with about 10 of those on city streets and the rest on highway. Is it best to just keep it on economy mode, or should it only be used when on the city streets?

Thanks!
Amy

·
Registered
174 Posts
Your car is always in "eco mode" you control it with your foot. The eco light indicates when your driving efficiently and the car is doin what it does to save gas. Just keep it ON and you will reap the full benefits of this package.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Economy mode makes the car shift up sooner and down later, thus keeping RPMs lower and using less gas. Economy mode = forced slow acceleration. The eco light is just a light, it doesn't actually change the behavior of the shifting.

I don't switch for consideration of city/hwy, I use slapstick for stop and go traffic because the engine will accelerate and slow quicker the lower the gear you are in, or when I need to accelerate quickly like when merging onto the highway.

·
Registered
174 Posts
^^^^Tru Slapstickin has become a must.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts