Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kia Australia does not offer a spoiler as an accessory and I really like the look of it. Does anybody know where I can get one in 'Racing Red' for a reasonable price. 'The Spoiler Store' has one for US$90 and claims "Spoiler is OEM certified as a factory replacement" see link PAINTED KIA FORTE 4DR AND KOUP FACTORY SPOILER 2010 - eBay (item 140479453713 end time Nov-23-10 21:14:56 PST)

For 90 bucks this sound to good to be true, has anybody bought as spoiler from these guys, if so was it ok?

Thanks​

·
Registered
289 Posts
I like the looks but I have never heard of this..."Spoiler is OEM certified as a factory replacement" Certified by who?..Not Kia...They would want you to buy theirs for retail cost. They would not certify a copy and allow someone to sell it for 25% of the cost of theirs. JMO
But I dig it!!!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,174 Posts
Kia Australia does not offer a spoiler as an accessory and I really like the look of it. Does anybody know where I can get one in 'Racing Red' for a reasonable price. 'The Spoiler Store' has one for US$90 and claims "Spoiler is OEM certified as a factory replacement" see link
PAINTED KIA FORTE 4DR AND KOUP FACTORY SPOILER 2010 - eBay (item 140479453713 end time Nov-23-10 21:14:56 PST)

For 90 bucks this sound to good to be true, has anybody bought as spoiler from these guys, if so was it ok?​

Thanks​

The spoiler pictured on your link is not a "factory OEM" spoiler for the Koup. Looks ok though. The Koup spoiler for the USA is also pictured on the recent SEMA Koup Type-R -- it is a wing with light-- and a picture of it can also be found on Kia.co (USA site) in the accessories tab of the koup. It does not come painted and runs $257 USD - and up - depending on whether or not you can find a dealer that will sell it to you for this low price (retail Vs "Jobber").
There is also a Kia Canada SXR spoiler (lip spoiler with light) that you can purchase unpainted for about $547 USD.

USA Koup Spoiler:

http://www.kia.com/#/forte-koup/explore/acc_exterior/

Part number is 1M034-ADU01 -- see if a local dealer could order it for you.

Type-R has the Kia Koup Spoiler on it:
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/f...cussion/3701-sema-2010-forte-koup-type-r.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everbody for you feedback. I really like the look of the spoiler that I linked above, but thought there might be something dodgy about the seller esp when they quoted me an extra US$40 for Racing Red and $US250 for USPS shipping to Australia and could not supply any other picture of this item. I did a bit of research on ebay and found the same spoiler (in fact the same picture from another seller). PAINTED 2010 KIA FORTE 2DR & 4DR FACTORY STYLE SPOILER - eBay (item 370292480872 end time Dec-12-10 12:25:48 PST) This seller did not make any silly claims about OEM Certified or anything else. This spoiler was listed as US$139 with a fixed price of $US80 via USPS Priority Mail International to anywhere in the world. For 240 bucks I thought what the heck and bought it. I should have it in a couple of weeks and I will let you all know if it is ok or not.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
The R package is available in Australia as well as Canada at your local Kia dealership.
Sorry, I don't know what they're priced at there.

R front skirt - 99997 761MF
R side skirt - 99997 761MS
R rear spoiler – 99997 761MW
R door sill plates – 99997 761MRDS
R badge - 99997 761MR

Also as mentioned, our accessory Koup spoiler for Kia/Mobis USA is an alternative. It was on the SEMA 2010 Type-R show car.

All of the above are genuine Kia accessories.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts