Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Performance wise, where is the best place to start when modding the engine? I will soon have a 2011 Koup SX. I have never modded the engine on any of my cars mainly b/c they were Swedish and extremely hard on the wallet and I had a crap job.

And as far as that goes, is it better to do some of the things myself, even little stuff, or have it done by someone w/ more exp. Since it will be a brand new car and I have no exp. with modern motors....any and all help/advice is welcomed and appreciated!

And money isn't that big of an obstacle...not anymore at least...(not meaning to sound snooty)

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Almost every mod posted here is DIY (except the turbo unless you are a tuner).
Lots of members here have done self installs on CAI and cat back exhausts.
Lot's of write ups on the forums, just dig around a bit for the mod you have in mind.
I've ordered the Turbokits CAI. If money was no obstacle (within reason) I would have the Turbokits HighFlow Cat and cat-back exhaust, Ultraracing front and rear suspension support and RRM lightweight pulley. If money was REALLY no obstacle, I would also have the turbo.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
If I wasn't in college and didn't have my dad breathing down my wallet all the time, you know I'd be turbo'd!

Exhaust +HFC
Intake
Lightweight Pulley
F/IC if you're brave

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
If money isn't a factor I would definately go Turbo with exhaust upgrade. Grab the front suspension tower bar for added stability. And for sure some better tires.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
If money isn't an obstacle then have all your work done by a professional. I hate having to go back and fix things that I mess up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts