Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer rang today and offered to trade my Forte EX sedan in for a red Koup, $5000 change over. They have had the Koup for a while it's a Demo with 4000klm on the clock.
I love the Koup and the extra features it has over my base model sedan so I said $4000 change-over and I will do the deal.
Now I'm patiently waiting for that phone call, I think it might happen as it's almost the end of the financial year over here and I reckon they want to get rid of it.:cool:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
not quite following the 'change over' bit........means- you give him your car- and pay him the X amount ?
is your sedan paid off?
errr- guess my brain aint working too well this afternoon after dealing w/stupid citizens all day- they rub off on me sometimes...lol
i gotta tell ya though- i am loving my koup......sure- i've only put 200 miles on it......but after 27 years of driving all sorts of vehs....i gotta say- this is the first one that to me has just felt "right" - sure hope your koup/sedan swap out works out in every way for you

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not quite following the 'change over' bit........means- you give him your car- and pay him the X amount ?
Yes thats right, I pay him $4000 and I have new Koup with all the extras my current car doesn't have. I Own mt present car and I love it, at the time I bought it I never had the extra cash to get the Koup. But if the dealer takes $4000 I will do the deal, the Koup just feels that much sportier to drive

·
Registered
526 Posts
I pay him $4000 and I have new Koup with all the extras my current car doesn't have. I Own mt present car and I love it, at the time I bought it I never had the extra cash to get the Koup. But if the dealer takes $4000 I will do the deal, the Koup just feels that much sportier to drive
Are you gonna get to keep all the goodies you've installed on your sedan and put it back to stock first?

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the deal goes ahead I will strip most of the goodies that I can, I think thw wheels will have to stay though.

·
Registered
526 Posts
If the deal goes ahead I will strip most of the goodies that I can, I think thw wheels will have to stay though.
I think you should play hard ball with them:cool:. After all they're the ones who contacted you! Keep your wheels and tell them $3500!:D If they say no, then tell them the wheels stay and it will be $3000:eek:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think you should play hard ball with them:cool:. After all they're the ones who contacted you! Keep your wheels and tell them $3500!:D If they say no, then tell them the wheels stay and it will be $3000:eek:
Me want car bad now :eek:
Still waiting for the dealer to get back to me . I don't think he will move much on price because about a month ago he wanted $9000 chang-over. But now it's closer to the end of they financial year I guess Kia are giving them incentives to get rid of their older cars. It's been in their showroom for about 6 months and hasn't moved yet, so I would be happy with $4000.
It's funny over here people have got a real bad impression of Korean cars as oppsed to Japanese cars but I think the Koreans are making as good a car now plus the styling is so much better. If Toyota stopped making refridgerators on wheels (Corolla) I would have one tomorrow.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally picked up my Koup today :)
It's a totally different car to drive much firmer and heavier in the suspension which I love,the whole car feels much better even though I can't fault the EX Sedan. The thing I like is the clutch and gas peddle's have much more feel to them plus it's easier to get into 2nd gear when cold.
It has all the options I could ever want even heated mirrors and rear parking sensors as standard.
One little fault I will have to get fixed is when I shut the passenger side door, the glass on the window hits the black metal strip on the roof. Sounds horrible plus you can hear wind noise but should be easy for the dealer to adjust.
Going to fit my CAI and mud flaps tomorrow and all will be finnished, and of course two new K badges, looks funny seeing the Kia badges now. I will post some photo's soon

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
A couple of photo's of my new Koup, sad to see my sedan go just after only 4 months old but the difference in driving the two cars is like night and day. Just like everything about the Koup, much more fun and sporty to drive
Put my CAI on today and yes it makes a huge difference it's much more responsive and the only other thing I plan to do is put K badges on.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Congrats and good choice!!!

You know I am having that same problem where my drivers window gets caught on the molding when I close it. I have to roll the window down then back up every time I get in my car. Did you mention it to the dealer? Are they going to fix it? I should get mine fixed but the windows are tinted now so I fear the dealer will try to say that its the window tinters fault.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats and good choice!!!

You know I am having that same problem where my drivers window gets caught on the molding when I close it. I have to roll the window down then back up every time I get in my car. Did you mention it to the dealer? Are they going to fix it? I should get mine fixed but the windows are tinted now so I fear the dealer will try to say that its the window tinters fault.
Thanks I really love my new Koup
I didn't find the fault until I got home,I wondered why I was getting wind noise around window. Like you I have to put window down to shut the door as I'm scared it will break. After the weekend I will booking the car in to get fixed.
You shouldn't have any trouble getting yours fixed under warranty, when you have the windows tinted they don't have to remove any linnings or interfere with the window mechanism in any way. It looks like the window just needs the the stops adjusted a little as my window is up a bit more at the back compaired with the front thus hitting metal trim on top of roof. My car comes with factory tinted windows.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts