Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I get the takeda intake, turbokits intake or just wait for injen? I been waiting on this because I feel that injen has the better product but if any else has some input give me ur opinion please cause I want start my mods but idk if I wanna wait for the injen intake

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Well I can only speak of the TK CAI. 100% love it and you can tell a ton of time and effort went into it. From the bracket through the entire
Kit. Fantastic. You won't be dissappointed.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
You can easily wait but out of all the intakes out there(kfx, turbokits.com, etc), tirbokits has the best hp gains. But no hurt in waiting. I love my turbokits.com CAI and I'm real happy with it

·
Registered
48 Posts
if theyre the same size(diameter), if theyre both cold air or both ram air then essentially youre getting the same intake. just different brand.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Well quicksilver, they are different sizes. The turbo kits cold air is 3" and the kfx is 2.5" and both of those are different designs. TK is basically 2 symmetric bends in the steel, while kfx has one, about 45 degree bend and the other is more obtuse. Supposivly, the kfx gives you more torque and TK more hp but idk if kfx has dyno results. So going with TK is more reliable, results wise, and kfx would be the cheaper one. In my experience with the TK cai, I'd go with them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well quicksilver, they are different sizes. The turbo kits cold air is 3" and the kfx is 2.5" and both of those are different designs. TK is basically 2 symmetric bends in the steel, while kfx has one, about 45 degree bend and the other is more obtuse. Supposivly, the kfx gives you more torque and TK more hp but idk if kfx has dyno results. So going with TK is more reliable, results wise, and kfx would be the cheaper one. In my experience with the TK cai, I'd go with them.
Our intake manifolds are 2 3/4". I personally would be concerned about an intake tube that is smaller in diameter than the manifold.

·
Registered
114 Posts
hey the turbokits intake is a very nice setup awsome sound and u can feel you dont bog out in the higher gears and yes you do get more hp also id go with the tk one plus they have the bracket for the ecu remount

·
Registered
8 Posts
My opinion...have a intake pipe coming from TK's intercooler sucking in boost from their turbo kit :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Jimmy are you from turbokits?
lol! I WISH! Then I would have a really cool turbo on my 2.0 sedan!

I have no affiliation with anybody in the auto industry. I wish I did. This obsession I have with my car is getting expensive!

I'm just a regular guy in Tucson, AZ who accidentally bought the Forte, and happens to love it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts