Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone in the Toronto area has put dual exhaust on their Koup using a twin outlet muffler and routing a pipe to the other side.

I'd like to get a hold of them and maybe get a few more details on the installation.

Can anyone direct me?

Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would like to get more details as well. Not 100% sure but I believe it was Nordic Wagon. I know highenergy has it on his as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I want to do the dual exhaust on my koup but from what I have seen there is sum emissions box thing in the way

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Nordic Wagon (in the black shirt). Not sure how active he is on the forums now though. From what I remember the muffler is in the same location as OEM. the inlet side also has an outlet, this outlet was then piped along the axel to the other side of the car and out the back. Therefore the system is unbalanced (on piped longer than the other). This was custom fabricated in one day while on the hoist. Work was done by NoyzBoyz.

2,213 Posts
theres 3 versions of the dual outlet muffler. one has 2 mufflers on each side that north american cars cant use, another is one muffler in the oem position with an outlet to the other side, and the 3rd is a repositioned muffler infront of the spare tire well with dual exhuasts. i think that one fits north american cars as well as the oem one

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Looks SWEET! Can't wait to see if TK comes out with one!

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nordic Wagon (in the black shirt). Not sure how active he is on the forums now though. From what I remember the muffler is in the same location as OEM. the inlet side also has an outlet, this outlet was then piped along the axel to the other side of the car and out the back. Therefore the system is unbalanced (on piped longer than the other). This was custom fabricated in one day while on the hoist. Work was done by NoyzBoyz.

Thanks, that's the one I was looking for and yes it will have to be an unbalanced system.

I've looked into moving the emissions control canister and it just doesn't seem practical.

As far as performance goes, while I doubt you would make any performance gains with this system, as long as it doesn't reduce performance. Anybody have any thoughts about this?

2,213 Posts
It might, you might have uneven back pressure due to the length of the other pipe stretching across the car. Not a lot, but you might feel a difference

·
Registered
644 Posts
Thanks, that's the one I was looking for and yes it will have to be an unbalanced system.

I've looked into moving the emissions control canister and it just doesn't seem practical.

As far as performance goes, while I doubt you would make any performance gains with this system, as long as it doesn't reduce performance. Anybody have any thoughts about this?
Can you explain why it doesn't seem practical? I was thinking of having a shop look into it for me. Might save me the trouble...

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can you explain why it doesn't seem practical? I was thinking of having a shop look into it for me. Might save me the trouble...
I had a shop look into it and because it has to be at the correct height ( can't move it higher or lower much) and with so many hard tubes they were concerned that it would be to easy to cause leak issues and throw codes.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I had a shop look into it and because it has to be at the correct height ( can't move it higher or lower much) and with so many hard tubes they were concerned that it would be to easy to cause leak issues and throw codes.
Why would they go through all that trouble to move it in the way, if the room where the original Korean one is still there?

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why would they go through all that trouble to move it in the way, if the room where the original Korean one is still there?
I suspect that it has to do with different emission standards. The unit we have looks larger and has more connections than the one overseas.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,857 Posts
It might, you might have uneven back pressure due to the length of the other pipe stretching across the car. Not a lot, but you might feel a difference
Considering it still is a single exhaust I really don't think having two different length exits would affect performance. It would just look good to have two exhaust pipes out the rear!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,857 Posts
what emissions box? is that being referred to as the cat or what im confused
Look under your Forte...just behind the axle assy is a large black box with hoses and wires going to it. It controls the fuel emissions (like the old charcoal canisters). It is in the way of a nice dual outlet exhaust on NA Fortes...LoL!

Just to be clear...it is the evaporative emissions canister...part of the evaporative emissions system.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts