Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says... who makes them? I'd prefer just plain 'ole lowering springs that work with the stock struts, and I definitely don't want coilovers or coilover sleeves where I'd have to modify my stock strut.

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Eibachs make them. (you can get them from one of the supporting vendors, or Amazon has them)

also H&R makes them, but they had a RECALL on them

Amazon Linky: http://www.amazon.com/Eibach-4617-140-Pro-Kit-Performance-Lowering/dp/B003ICFNTA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308618420&sr=8-1-spell

G&M performance (supporting vendor) linky: http://www.forteforums.com/forums/g-m-performance/5297-eibach-lowering-springs.html

3 things worth mentioning that you might already be aware off:
1. Get the camber bolts, most people need them
2. get it aligned after installation
3. you're shocks might give out earlier than usual because of more load on them. (really depends on the road, most people have no problems with it)

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Well, Eibach makes just springs, but they are progressive... I'll leave out the sarcastic comments I usually include at no extra charge.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I dont think you will. Well, none are advertised.
Eibach makes both progressive & linear. You could call them and try to work out something if you must have. Or, try Hyperco. Moog does linear rate springs but idk if they have p/n for any KIA. Good luck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, the Eibach Pro-Kits are progressive and the Sportlines are linear. I had the Sportlines in a Civic and loved them, and the Pro-Kits in a Legend and hated them. Definitely want to go back to the linear springs this time around. The only problem is that Eibach doesn't make Sportlines for the Forte.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.