Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this subtle rattle right behind/under the speedomter dash cluster - it only happens at slower speeds when I drive over a slightly bumpy area of the street. How does one remove the dash cluster to see what might be rattling...or maybe i can get to it from below? Anybody else got a rattle there?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sometimes rattles appear to be coming from a specific area but it could be coming from somewhere else. I had similar problem but the rattle was actually where the dash meets the glass at the back of instrument cluster. I Initially squeezed a bit of rag between the glass and dash, when I was certain that's where rattle was coming from, I cut a small piece of thick rubber and jammed that there. Now it's all quiet. You could try this it might be the same thing.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I have this subtle rattle right behind/under the speedomter dash cluster - it only happens at slower speeds when I drive over a slightly bumpy area of the street. How does one remove the dash cluster to see what might be rattling...or maybe i can get to it from below? Anybody else got a rattle there?
I had a similar rattle, was driving me nuts! Turns out my windshield was developing a crack from the outside edge near the vin number. It turned out to be a lousy windshield seal which was causing a small part of the windshield to touch the frame! The windshield and seal were replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yea, Id make sure you know where the rattling is coming from. I thought there was a rattle behind the glove box compartment, which I knew someone else had, and was taking apart the entire thing to try and find the rattle. Turns out, it was my sunglasses in the holder in the headliner -.-

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm still trying to stop my rattle, I'm nearly sure it's coming from the center facia around the clock area. If I press on top of the dash near clock it stops, I pushed a small piece of rubber between the dash and where it meets the windscreen (middle) that seems to help but when car cools down the rattle comes back.
So putting pressure on the dash by jamming in some rubber looks like the way I will go but finding the right area is the problem.
Has anyone have luck with this damn rattle as I have notice a few posts about it in other threads

·
Registered
576 Posts
Finally tracked down and fixed all my dash rattles, very happy as car feels and sounds so much better without them. The main rattle appeared to be around clock area, I jammed a small piece of rubber between the dash and windshield. That must have put tension on something as rattles gone. The other one which I thought was coming from the sunglass holder was due to the sunvisor extensions, I puller them all the way out and then jamed a piece of foam in then shut thes extensions. Whalla car sounds much quieter now, one thing I hate is rattles they make a car sound bomby

·
Registered
1 Posts
In mine theres a rattle coming from the pillar that's between the windshield and the passenger side window(where the side airbag is located) . You can see that the cover for the airbag is somewhat flimsy. I tried tightening the screw there but still. Im not really sure what to do since I don't wanna interfere with the airbag and all.

·
Registered
576 Posts
In mine theres a rattle coming from the pillar that's between the windshield and the passenger side window(where the side airbag is located) . You can see that the cover for the airbag is somewhat flimsy. I tried tightening the screw there but still. Im not really sure what to do since I don't wanna interfere with the airbag and all.
Tricky one with airbag, you could try cuttung some foam or pieces of rubber and jamming that between that piece and the windshield.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.