Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have you done any electrical mods where you piggy backed off the fuse panel onto either of those fuses?

?
Doh it's just dawned on me, when I installed my 4 Channel Power Amp yesterday I was trying to find an accessory's wire to get secondary power to the Amp. I noticed on the fuse cover that there was a spare 15 amp fuse on the right hand side the 4th fuse down, I place the bare wire over that fuse and inserted the fuse back into the fuse holder. So most likely that caused something there to heat up.
Well I'll take the car into the dealer and act innocent and deny all and see whether they will replace that cover.
Thats what happens when your too anxious to install something. By the way I have since run the accessory's wire for the Amp to the back of the cigarette lighter.
PS. Just one question, what size wire should I run from the battery to the Amp for main power, some wires I have seen are about as thick as your little finger mine is about 8 gauge from memory.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
lol rpps-

i'm just glad we figured it out and that you didnt set your car on the barbie- lol

soon as the bridge is built- i'll drive over and visit you :)
LOL it would have to be a long one ...Just did a video for you on U Tube of my home town called Hobart, in the state of Tasmania
Being a 911 Dispacher you probably can work out what my personalized number plate means ...( EX Fireman and out here we dile 000 for emergencies)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"

...It's not fair to the dealer to have them waste their time and parts and pay for damage that you caused. Why not man-up tell them the truth and pay the bill. It's the right thing to do...it's called being honest.
Mate, I couldn't care less about being fair and honest when it comes to car dealers. They always screw the poor car owner when it comes to trade-ins, to me they are fair game. Also when coming to service charges they are exorbinate and end up not doing the work properly.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.