Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love this,it would probably not void the warranty,i would be happy with a 300HP kit.

·
Registered
708 Posts
no.. they wont.. now if they come out with a turbo koup you could probably just get that one when people upgrade their turbos and it should work .. or just buy their aftermarket parts to run if everything bolts up

·
Registered
144 Posts
I agree. I doubt Kia will offer a bolt on turbo kit for the Koup. Now if they came with factory turbo as an option that may be a different story. The dealer might offer upgrades like dodge did for the srt-4s. If you don't care to void your warranty go with the turbokits.com kit once they get it all finished up.

·
Registered
708 Posts
even if they did offer it it would probably only be a 1 year warrenty .. thats what gm did with the 2.2 cavi sc setup

·
Registered
202 Posts
yeah I doubt it too, unless kia makes it's racing deparment and offer it there like masza having mazdaspeed and even there I still think it would void your warranty, I'm putting a turbo on mine but till I pay my car off there I dont care if I void it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
But they did just make a turbo for the 2011 Hyundai Sonata... it has 275 hp. Damn it! Its a 2.0 too.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Kia to do a add on Turbo kit for us here in the USA. Kia has done absolutely nothing to support the Koup here. I see commercials for the Forte on nearly a daily basis, the Koup...ZIPPO!!!! In Canada they have access to the SX-R package and parts (albeit ridiculously priced!!!!!!!). Here still nothing and no word of anything coming down the pike. But the SOUL on the other hand is where Kia's attention is here in the states. Many versions and themes are available with plenty of options. Very disappointed with Kia in this regard.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Yeah its a disappointment and I don't understand why they would make the sxr parts but only offer them in one place that does not seem cost effective to me! and I'm sure there lossing money not sending this stuff over to the states.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yeah its a disappointment and I don't understand why they would make the sxr parts but only offer them in one place that does not seem cost effective to me! and I'm sure there lossing money not sending this stuff over to the states.

That would be KIA USA not jumping on the ball. From my understanding this is KIA Canada that sourced out the SXR package.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dude works for kia in service dept he said they are coming out with a turbocharge forte in 2011 with 276hp and 14lbs boost but no kit. He said the tubocharge kia will be a 2.0L and a whole diff engine so the wont have a kit for older koups he said they just wouldnt hanlde the hp.............. and that sucks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.