Premium Member
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
*facepalm*

I am so tired of this question.

Installing the puddle lights will void any warranty associated with the map lights. If they stop working they won't be warrantied.

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My question is will it avoid the warranty on the whole electrical system?

2,213 Posts
lets make life easier.....YES IT WILL VOID EVERY WARRANTY IN THE CAR WHEN YOU CONNECT A LIGHT TO A FUSE!!!.

dont even tint your windows cause that will void your warranty too! FTW

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Honestly, if you have to ask these question you are not familiar with electrical work. Leave it to the professionals or just don't do it at all.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I Like Turtles!

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Honestly, if you have to ask these question you are not familiar with electrical work. Leave it to the professionals or just don't do it at all.
I have plenty of experience working with electrical stuff. But this is my first time buying a brand new car with a warranty. Excuse me for making sure it doesn't void it. :mad:

·
Registered
916 Posts
It was an honest question, if your gonna be on here you footage figure the guys with 500-2000 posts have seen repetitive questions that seem the same but are actually different due to wording, wiring to map light, wiring to fogs, may not cOme up in search and you'll get a books worth of reading if you search "void warranty". You ahold be ok and if worried do a fuse tap or online fuse so only your puddle light fuse would blow...and you remove the evidence if necessary. ; )

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have plenty of experience working with electrical stuff. But this is my first time buying a brand new car with a warranty. Excuse me for making sure it doesn't void it. :mad:

Then how is it you can't understand altering wiring would void the warranty on that part? Either way, you got your answer. Continue at your own discretion. An add-a-circuit would allow you to remove the lights if ever there were an issue. I'm not a fan at all of those clip on taps.

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It was an honest question, if your gonna be on here you footage figure the guys with 500-2000 posts have seen repetitive questions that seem the same but are actually different due to wording, wiring to map light, wiring to fogs, may not cOme up in search and you'll get a books worth of reading if you search "void warranty". You ahold be ok and if worried do a fuse tap or online fuse so only your puddle light fuse would blow...and you remove the evidence if necessary. ; )
Thanks, all I needed to know :)

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
How bad is it that when i saw this i was like "Are you f**king serious? he must be joking .... then it was *facepalm*)

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Then how is it you can't understand altering wiring would void the warranty on that part? Either way, you got your answer. Continue at your own discretion. An add-a-circuit would allow you to remove the lights if ever there were an issue. I'm not a fan at all of those clip on taps.
Because I've never had a warranty that I needed to worry about voiding.
And you're right, I got my answer so it's all good.
Thanks everyone

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.