Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
if you look around- there are a few led boards that are better contoured to fit the map lights...might not have to dremel at all nor put up w/the (in my opinion) much less of a step up by using the festoons......i think if you go for the led board w/the 12 or so- thats the one that calls for the dremel- but i think i've come across a 3x3 square that fits in ........also- i've come across led boards that were cut into a circle w/the leds in a ring......i think the festoons are like a stepping board to taking the easiest step to saying you have leds (or an easy color swap out)

and as far as why an led board is better than a festoon- all the leds are pointing right into the passenger compartment- rather than dispersing the light around inside the light fixture?

·
Registered
318 Posts
i got the 3022-xhp4 and they fit and work just fine. they are the same size as stock

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you look around- there are a few led boards that are better contoured to fit the map lights...might not have to dremel at all nor put up w/the (in my opinion) much less of a step up by using the festoons......i think if you go for the led board w/the 12 or so- thats the one that calls for the dremel- but i think i've come across a 3x3 square that fits in ........also- i've come across led boards that were cut into a circle w/the leds in a ring......i think the festoons are like a stepping board to taking the easiest step to saying you have leds (or an easy color swap out)

and as far as why an led board is better than a festoon- all the leds are pointing right into the passenger compartment- rather than dispersing the light around inside the light fixture?
But the led festoon I showed you shoots 12 LEDs straight down right? Isnt that just as good?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
lol- ok- i admit- soon as i saw the festoon bit- i never looked at the link-

now- that i have looked at it-...........i'd still say- its prob a step up from the basic bulb bit....but all the light is gathered into one place as opposed to being spread out (if that makes any sense?)- kinda like the license plate bulb issue.....2 or 4 leds on the end of the bulb vs the same but in a more spread out array....i guess i am gonna have to say- i guess it all depends on what sort of light effect you are looking for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts