Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a very stupid question but I've spend over a week looking for winter tires and can't find anything in 17" so I'm trying to get some 16" steelies and this has been a headache itself.. So please can someone tell me if these will be ok..

http://www.canadiantire.ca/storeloc...Hash=adf7814e858c1d11e067433a8e451de33a5b6726

And would I get 16 x 6, or 16 x 6.5? I was very close to buying a set of 16s from Walmart because they were supposed to fit the 08 Kia Magentis but then the automotive guy pretty much told me not to because they didn't have the proper spacers or something so the hub wouldn't fit in properly? I don't know I just want to get some damn winter tires haha..

·
Registered
269 Posts
I know this is a very stupid question but I've spend over a week looking for winter tires and can't find anything in 17" so I'm trying to get some 16" steelies and this has been a headache itself.. So please can someone tell me if these will be ok..

http://www.canadiantire.ca/storeloc...Hash=adf7814e858c1d11e067433a8e451de33a5b6726

And would I get 16 x 6, or 16 x 6.5? I was very close to buying a set of 16s from Walmart because they were supposed to fit the 08 Kia Magentis but then the automotive guy pretty much told me not to because they didn't have the proper spacers or something so the hub wouldn't fit in properly? I don't know I just want to get some damn winter tires haha..
I just got 4 winter steel rims 16" at Canadian tire. Code 009-6018-6 I don't know if is the right one for your car but just talk to the guys there and they will install the right one, I hope so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
eugh ya I wish they'd post more specs.. You can select the size but there are multiple of the same sizes with different order numbers, maybe I should just call and ask them which number is compatible with my car.. Oh well, thanks guys!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone know where that post was that had all the tire listings that would fit on the 17's and the effect they would have on the spedo? It was somewhere on these forums but I can't seem to find it. I think i'll just get a little bit of a different tire size for my 17's and be done with it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Just FYI, if you're getting steel wheels don't get them from anywhere but the dealer. The parts guy at my dealership told me the steel wheels are hub centric and are designed to fit the hub of our cars. Anything else will rest on the lug posts and will kill your wheel bearings over a shorter period of time.

·
Registered
405 Posts
It's true, but...

Most of aftermarket are equal or bigger to the size of the hub used by Kia, so if the one u buy are bigger, a set of center rings will reduce the size of the hole to the 67.1 mm required .

Just FYI, if you're getting steel wheels don't get them from anywhere but the dealer. The parts guy at my dealership told me the steel wheels are hub centric and are designed to fit the hub of our cars. Anything else will rest on the lug posts and will kill your wheel bearings over a shorter period of time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.