Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of 18x8 +35 offset wheels and was wondering if they would fit my koup. The 35 offset would they make them sit in further or stick out. My car is not lowered and if they stick in would I have to use spacers? If anyone has similar specs let me know how the for plz and thanks

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
A positive offset will make the wheels stick out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
they should work. the stock wheels do sit in alittle so the 35 should sit flush with the edge of the fenders

·
Registered
444 Posts
So then would a +45 stick out further or sit more tucked? I have been staring at the diagram that Performanceplusetire.com has describing offset and I'm not quite sure if I understand it.

Offset
The offset of a wheel is measured in millimeters and is determined by the distance from where the wheel mounts to the hub to the center line of the wheel.

·
Registered
350 Posts
the lower the offset the further the wheel with stick out. how far the wheel sticks out or sinks in the fender is also determined on how wide the wheel is..

·
Registered
444 Posts
Thank you! You have no idea how long I have been trying to figure that shiz out! lol

·
Registered
973 Posts
I've got 17x7 +42 offset with GIANT tires now (235/40) and I have an inch clearance all around. I'm contemplating getting wheel spacers but they aren't necessary. The wheels sit a little more flush with the wheel wells now compared to stock, your offset is a little less (not a big diff though, but you should stick out a little more) and you should be able to fit the 18" wheel if you have a friend with similar wheels and the tires you want on them, test fit it by having the car on the ground (wheel on an torqued down obviously) key on, turn the wheel to full lock both ways and check for rubbing, I also checked at halfway to full lock, just to be sure. I had plenty of room with a 7" wheel, but idk about 8" lol, are you trying to run 265 tires or something?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Unfortunately, the rims I wanna get don't come in 18x7. It's 18x8 or drop to 17's, and I don't want 17's. lol

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
ThatGuy and Deuce-Koup: what wheels are you guys getting?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have 18 x 8's with a 42 offset and there's no rubbing issues at all...
I'm running 225/40 tyres

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm not telling! I don't want people to copy me before I can even get them on! Lol

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Haha I doubt if you shared your wheel selection with us, and somebody got them, you wouldn't get em anymore lol I just ordered the Enkei EKM3's in 18x8 :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
@shaksfortesx
That is very true. I'm planning on getting a set of 18x8 +35 Konig Lace. I don't know about where everyone else lives, but round here you never see a black lip. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE has either big chromies or black spoke/chrome lip. So for me, these will be quite unique!

·
Registered
121 Posts
im riding on +35 in the back and +32 in the fronts. no rubbing issues but i am riding tucked, staggered and towards the bottom of the wheels wide lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
the only thing you have to watch out for is the rears IMO. as far as i know, and i could be wrong, you cant adjust the camber in the rear because of the torsion beam design. some negative camber can help the tires tuck in more. easily done in the front though.

you may have to roll the rear fenders, or even pull them since theres limited or no camber adjustment.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts

18X8 40 offset. I am NOT lowered. I can't wait to lower her, she's gonna get such an aggressive stance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
fas93, do your front tires poke out a bit more in the front than the rear? or is it just the pic angle?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.