Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just had my 2010 Corsa Blue Forte SX sedan tinted on Friday. I went 20% all the way around with Madico tint. Anyway, I just rolled my windows (front 2) down today, and I noticed some vertical scratches. Is this a common issue with the Forte's? I'm thinking that I will probably have to find some moleskin, install that, and then re-tint the windows. This will be an expensive endeavor. I haven't found many tint posts regarding window tint scratches, so I thought I was safe. Anyone else have any experiences with this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just make sure that your seals are clean. Dust will play havoc on your tint. Some scratches are common but nothing that should scratch though the tint. I have had 3 cars, all tinted and after so long you just don't care if there are scratches, as long as it doesn't go through the tint.

·
Registered
513 Posts
are you sure 2 days was enough before rolling down your windows?? I was told 3 to 5 days.. and only if it was really sunny.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,879 Posts
Are you sure you have scratches? On my Sedan I thought the tint on my passenger front door was scratched vertically but found out it was a grease or something as it wiped off with soapy water.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
I had mine tinted in the dead of winter and was told not to use any windows for 2 weeks. I would wait a week even in hot weather to be sure.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
yeah I was thinking atleast three to 4 days would be a good amount of time.
I tinted my own windows once and it came out great! I waited a couple days was it and had no problems.

dont spray any water on them for about a week just in case

·
Registered
78 Posts
i can't remember how long they told me to wait... i think it was a week because I can remember wanting to go to a drive-thru but couldn't because I couldn't roll down my window. hmmm. maybe call the place that tinted your windows and see if there is anything they can do. As far as the Forte goes, I don't think there are any issues with the seals causing scratches... but then again, I haven't really looked. Best of luck. Hope you can get it fixed!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Also make sure the scratches are in the tint and not the glass.. After I tinted mine I noticed scratches on my driver window and the dealer replaced the window and now no more scratches...

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
You definitely need to wait more than 2 days, I waited 6 days before I rolled my windows down. Take it back to whoever tinted it and they should be able to figure out the problem pretty quickly. They might even fix it for free.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts