Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
265 Posts
Was just looking on E-bay, they have LLumar, 3M and "The Black Box Tint" all pre-cut with lifetime warranty. The LLumar and 3m were both about $85 and the other was about $55. Considering getting one of these for my car, but have a couple of issues.

First is that Georgia has a limit of 32% VLT. Now I don't know what the car comes from the factory with but could I get 35% and still be pretty close to the state limit? Know I could probably go darker and not have a problem but I would rather stick close to allowed limit. I've got nothing else with tint so even 35% will be an improvement.

Second is if I tint the side and rear windows I want to do the sun roof as well, none of the kits include a piece for it. Would it be a simple matter of requesting a piece cut for it as well?

· Registered
265 Posts
The car does not have Factory tint.
It may not be a tint film but the windows do have some tint to them from the factory. I can have my door open and look through the glass and it is slightly darker than not looking through it. Maybe it's not even enough to register on one of those meter things, but it is there or at least my eyes tell me that it is.

Would like to just buy a good pre-cut and do it myself, but once I have the car back I'll shop around locally. Was looking at that LLumar site and think I might go with their tint and get the clear windshield tint they have as well if I have it done. Supposed to block UV and IR light through the windshield without adding any noticeable tint. Think that would be nice addition to the tint. Work in an hangar all day, would be nice to walk the half mile to my car and it be cooler than, or at least not much hotter than the building I just walked out of.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.